Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Duckies so far >

My Duckies so far

My Duckies so far

Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 AM

Very nice! You do wonderful work! Cant wait to see more.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by loves2quilt
Very nice! You do wonderful work! Cant wait to see more.
thank you... I have 2 more to go. Then I gotta wait to get Tinkerbell blanket done to buy the duckie fabric I found and want to use :D
Old 06-28-2009, 05:42 AM

Those are the cutest! They'll make an adorable quilt. Can't wait to see them finished.
I have some cross stitch waiting to be started. Have had two surgeries on my left hand since last August. Am just begining to be able to sew again. I can't wait till I can do more that a short stretch at a time.
Christine
Old 06-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChristineD
Those are the cutest! They'll make an adorable quilt. Can't wait to see them finished.
I have some cross stitch waiting to be started. Have had two surgeries on my left hand since last August. Am just begining to be able to sew again. I can't wait till I can do more that a short stretch at a time.
Christine
Thank You. Just take your time. It'll come back to you. HAVE FUN :D
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM

I agree they are very cute. My first quilt was made from blocks I embroidered (the first one when I was 7 years old) and I have been hooked on hand work ever since.
We recently moved my grandmother into a retirement home and in cleaning out her sewing room I inherited lots of Aunt Martha's patterns. A few had never been used and there were some duplicates. She would make the grandkids pillowcases for Christmas every year. She would start on the embroidery in January and work on them all year. When her mother was alive she would sometimes do crochet work on the edges. I believe I still have a few of those around also. The best pillowcases are the ones that are 100% cotton (no polyester). They are the softest and coolest in the summer.
Keep up the good work and let us see the finished product.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Bev I love the duckies. I do embroidery too but have not done any for a while. I agree it is very relaxing to do. Plus it a wonderful art that should be kept alive. Not many people do it anymore. Please keep the pictures coming as you finish they are adorable.
I also decorate things with silk ribbon embroidery but haven't done that because I could not find anywhere that sold the silk ribbon anymore. Elle (butterflyspain) sent me a link to a web site in South Africa that sells hand dyed silk ribbons. I am gong to order some in a month or two. I am going to do silk flowers on the outside border of the quilt I am now working on and I cannot wait to get started.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kathyd
I agree they are very cute. My first quilt was made from blocks I embroidered (the first one when I was 7 years old) and I have been hooked on hand work ever since.
We recently moved my grandmother into a retirement home and in cleaning out her sewing room I inherited lots of Aunt Martha's patterns. A few had never been used and there were some duplicates. She would make the grandkids pillowcases for Christmas every year. She would start on the embroidery in January and work on them all year. When her mother was alive she would sometimes do crochet work on the edges. I believe I still have a few of those around also. The best pillowcases are the ones that are 100% cotton (no polyester). They are the softest and coolest in the summer.
Keep up the good work and let us see the finished product.
THANKS Thats so awesome you got all those Aunt Martha's. Everytime I hit a yard sale or Thrift Store, I always look for them. Mom always bought the packaged embroidered stamped pillowcases you do up. I still use them after all these yrs....
Old 06-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Bev I love the duckies. I do embroidery too but have not done any for a while. I agree it is very relaxing to do. Plus it a wonderful art that should be kept alive. Not many people do it anymore. Please keep the pictures coming as you finish they are adorable.
I also decorate things with silk ribbon embroidery but haven't done that because I could not find anywhere that sold the silk ribbon anymore. Elle (butterflyspain) sent me a link to a web site in South Africa that sells hand dyed silk ribbons. I am gong to order some in a month or two. I am going to do silk flowers on the outside border of the quilt I am now working on and I cannot wait to get started.
THANK YOU..I'm seeing it more & more around now. Which pleases me ALOT
Old 06-28-2009, 03:33 PM

Well soon I expect to see lots more out of you Bev!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 PM

These are so cute, Bev. Makes me want to try it, too, like someone else said. Had a flashback memory of a past neighbor. Livvy used to do beautiful embroidery work on all her pillowcases and dresser doilies. I visit her in the nursing home now...hard to see her not in her home anymore, doing things she loves.