Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 03-26-2010, 04:34 AM

Good Morning! Thank you everybody!! I forgot that I have another set of the 8 loops already when I posted last night.
So I went to bed. I was thinking that if I 'reverse' what I did now, it's going to make it look like a ripple, so I'm going to keep going in the same direction and see what happens. (I won't be able to sew them together though, as I will have to make more strips to 'fill in' under where I'm going to put these.) I'll post when I get this done.
Thanks again for all of your support.
Marilyn
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM

Alright. I got 6 of the strips laid out and have come to these conclusions.
1) Do not cut the bottom square/rectangle in half anymore. I'll have to replace one on each end now, there it changed over.
2) I want more movement. This is gently rolling hills and I want "the Richter scale". So I'm going to throw in more 1", 1.5" and 2" strips. I'll have to keep track of what sizes I used so I won't have to measure everything to cut more.
3) I am going to avoid using the 3 3/4" much. It makes it to gradual of a rise or fall.

This pieces are already cut to fit so I can't add more smaller strips until next round. Wish me luck.
Marilyn

See how gentle the rolling hills are?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31343[/ATTACH]

Layout so far 3-26-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31404[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31343.jpe   attachment-31404.jpe  
Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 PM

Alright! I get to sew now! I have lots of strips to sew together and loop. I already realized one mistake that I made. I watched the video and it says "sew the strips together" so I did on the first bunch. Now, I'm going to have to undo the top couple of inches, so I can remove those 1/2 squares and add whole squares on another strip.

Please, don't anyone try following along on this! At least not until we see if it's going to work. I've gotten PM's, so I just wanted to say that.

Marilyn
Old 03-26-2010, 01:12 PM

***wildly clapping my hands*** It's looking fabulous!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I just hope when I begin I can come back to this site and remember what I saw. Middle of May I hope to be on this project.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by crafterbarbara
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I just hope when I begin I can come back to this site and remember what I saw. Middle of May I hope to be on this project.
Thank you very much! Just Bookmark it, then if it works out, you'll be able to come back here and see how to do it. If, and I say "IF" it works out, I'll put the sizes of everything and all so if people want to make one too, you'll have a list of what to cut. Thanks again.
Marilyn
Old 03-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Keep posting pictures. I'm working up my courage to make one, and will be very interested in your progress.
me too
Old 03-26-2010, 02:18 PM

My jaw is already dropping! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:30 PM

Hi everybody! Boy, she's really starting to look pretty! I am fairly positive that this is going to come out fine. Yeah!!!!! :o) I got more strips laid out and thought you all would like an update. Here's some pictures. Thank you everybody for your interest, compliments, and encouragement.
Marilyn

From the Other End 3-26-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31839[/ATTACH]

Here she is so far! Pretty, huh? 3-26-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31839.jpe   attachment-31929.jpe   attachment-32016.jpe  
Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM

On the bottom/last picture, you can see where there is the start of a < shape on the right. I will fill that in with the white and yellows. There will also be a blank space on what would be the top left corner, of the bottom picture. I'll fill it in too. Gotta go sew more strips together.
Let me know what you think of it so far. I think it's going to work out fine and be really pretty.
Marilyn