Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Fabric Fairy >

My Fabric Fairy

My Fabric Fairy

Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM

well, I finished 2 quilts for Sandy victims and then I got a new job and have been trying to move for 5 weeks. Had to pay $200 more a month in rent than planned because I have dogs. Can't find help to get the rest of my stuff moved so I'm trying to go the 75 miles to my old place and pick up a load of stuff on the weekend and try to find someplace to put it. I moved from 1350 sq.ft to about 750. Has been a challange to say the least. finally got my sewing room somewhat set up and started sewing last weekend, still trying to find where to put everything and not being real successful. Got my quilting frame sold so now I have enough money to pay some people to help me move the rest of my stuff. then trying to learn a new job and personalities, etc. has not been a fun month. BUT I'm close to getting everything done so I can start sewing alot more...will miss my beautiful view from my old sewing room (and it was huge) and now will look into the back yard in a tiny second bedroom but at least I'm not sewing on the kitchen table. (not an option for me anymore) But I have cut some of the fabric to work into the scrap quilts I make...
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I see you are on the eastern plains of Colorado. I hope you and all kennel pals are well, safe and warm after the storm that has blown through your area last night and today.

Jan in VA
Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Power Poster

You were both blessed.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM

Wow!! Love all those strip pieces! What a great friend!!!:-D
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 AM

wow. way to go. What a generous angel you have !
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 AM

You've hit the big time score! I'm sure she will love the gift basket you have planned for her, too. Aren't quilters the very best?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:01 AM

You met a special quilt angel I would say.
What a wonderful story and so kind and generous of this quilting buddy to pass on to you some special happiness and joy. Make some beautiful quilts.
Pat
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 AM

Well luckily Jan I now live in Ft. Collins and we didn't get much snow at all. While I loved where I lived on the plains it just was not practical. 45 miles to any kind of town, rising gas prices, crappy job all had to do with my decision to take a different job and move. I lived there by myself and the winters were very stressful. Could easily be snowed out of my house with dogs inside over night or longer or all of us stranded for who knows how long and I didn't have the money to buy snow removal equipment or anybody around to help me. I miss my sewing room terribly but where I'm at now isn't permanent (I hope) and I'll find something bigger (ick, another move in my future) But I have my dogs and I have my fabric/sewing machine....I'm good.

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I see you are on the eastern plains of Colorado. I hope you and all kennel pals are well, safe and warm after the storm that has blown through your area last night and today.

Jan in VA
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 AM

Good for you and thank you for sharing
Have a Blessed day
Ellen
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM

I know God will bless that great lady! I think from the sound of things you are already getting better!