Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My FAVORITE House Blocks!  Let's See Yours!! >

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:12 AM

Love all the houses, n2, especially the tropical one on the bottom. We go on a mission trip every Jan. to the Caribbean. Those little houses look just like the ones we build! So I was thinking I should make one of these quilts for the fundraiser dinner they have every fall to raise money for our trips. I know you said you didn't make that one, but do you happen to know the name of the pattern?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:20 AM

WOW!! What beautiful houses!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pam Pollock
WOW!! What beautiful houses!! Thanks for sharing!!
Your welcome, Pam, and be sure and post some pics of your houses here! We would love to see them!! Thank you so much, Pam, for your kind words!!

:-D :-D
Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by charcrfts
Love all the houses, n2, especially the tropical one on the bottom. We go on a mission trip every Jan. to the Caribbean. Those little houses look just like the ones we build! So I was thinking I should make one of these quilts for the fundraiser dinner they have every fall to raise money for our trips. I know you said you didn't make that one, but do you happen to know the name of the pattern?
They remind me of the houses in the Caribbean that Food for the Poor builds in Haiti and throughout the Caribbean. The ones they build has one window in front and a tiny porch with rails for $2,000 too! Making one of these quilts for the fundraiser is an excellent idea! No, but I'll be glad to give the pattern to you as the way I interpret it. If you are talking about the very last photo of the collage of houses in groups or are you talking about the tropical looking one with the ocean waves at the bottom? The girl who designed that quilt with the waves has copyrighted the pattern and I doubt if she will give it out. Anyway, I will make you a pattern of whatever house you want and post it here for others to download also. It will be my version of the pattern. Thank you so much, charcrfts, and I look forward to making a pattern for you!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Oh those birdhouses are adorable! I need to make something with those.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by kristananne
Oh those birdhouses are adorable! I need to make something with those.
They sure are cute with the buttons! Had to go back and look again! I forgot I had included some birdhouses! :oops: :oops: But I'm a bird lover and birdhouses go right along with my love for people houses!! Be sure and post your pics, kristananne!! We would love to see them when you finish!! :-D :-D
Old 06-18-2010, 07:06 AM

Yes, it's the one with the palm trees & the water on the bottom that I was asking about. I would welcome your version of those little houses & the palm trees too! 8-) Thank you so much.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 AM

Hope this comes through, it's a picture of me by one of the little houses we build in the Caribbean on our mission trip with the Good News Project.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87863.jpe  
Old 06-18-2010, 08:36 AM

Yes, it's the one with the palm trees & the water on the bottom that I was asking about. I would welcome your version of those little houses & the palm trees too! 8-) Thank you so much.
Ok, I'll be glad to draw up something like that and post for all to enjoy the pattern. Someone else wanted the same pattern too so it will be helpful to lots of people after I post the patterns here. It looks like there are 4 different style houses in the first three rows. Let me know which one or ones you would like. Will include a pattern for the trees too. Your welcome!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:40 AM

Hope this comes through, it's a picture of me by one of the little houses we build in the Caribbean on our mission trip with the Good News Project.
It came through beautifully!! Yes, it sure looks like houses reminiscent of the Caribbean, color and all!! Thank you for posting for all of us to enjoy. We will look forward to my patterns and your quilt for charitable purposes!! It will be a great fundraiser for your group! Hope it does fantastic. I'll PM you the very moment I've posted the patterns for you here online so you don't miss it! Thank you, Char, for posting the pic! We love it!! What a great thing this is for the poor and needy! They break out in praise to the Lord for this and all who help make it possible! Blessings will be throughout eternity for this kindness!!