Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Thank you so much for sharing your collection! That was so much fun to see. I may bookmark this one. :thumbup: I made my first house block in January for the Quilting Bee One Block Swap and loved it! I almost didn't want to send it to my swap partner. LOL. I also saw a book last week that was all house quilts. I briefly thought of having a house collection. After seeing all of your houses, I definitely want to start my own collection. Are you doing the Funky Neighborhood swap? You should check it out if you haven't yet . . . .
    I can imagine your not wanting to send your house block off to your swap partner! I think they are very addictive once you start making them. I find myself thinking of houses I've seen that I want to transfer to a quilt pattern. I really love the humble shacks/houses done in a rustic way. It's easy to start your own house collection. No, I didn't know about any funky neighborhood swap. It sure sounds like fun!

:D :D

Quote Originally Posted by joyplace
    Hi: Enjoyed all of your Favorite House Blocks. Could you please share the pattern for the group of Four Houses. This is the group just above the picture of the Lighthouse Block. This would be neat for a hot pad. Maybe an 8" block. Using homespun fabric.
    Thanks
    joyplace
    I'll be glad to draft the pattern for you and others in an 8" size and post it here. Then if you change your mind on the size you want, you can always reduce/enlarge it. Thank you so much, joyplace, as I sure enjoyed our chat!
    :D :D I'll PM you at the time I post the pattern! :thumbup:

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    Both collections are wonderful! Thank you both for sharing!

Gal
    Wow these are so much fun, thankyou for sharing, I love the 'Lights on' quilt and the 'In Groups' quilt, I have put the tute down as a must do for the crazy houses block, they look so fantastic and do not look like they would be all that difficult to do. I know I shall have fun sorting through my scraps to do the houses, I can see country written all over mine!!!

Gal

Blog Entries
    Great houses!!...you really should check out the Funky neighborhood swap...you would fit right in AND grow your collection to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Gal
    Wow these are so much fun, thankyou for sharing, I love the 'Lights on' quilt and the 'In Groups' quilt, I have put the tute down as a must do for the crazy houses block, they look so fantastic and do not look like they would be all that difficult to do. I know I shall have fun sorting through my scraps to do the houses, I can see country written all over mine!!!

Gal
    Oh, my, Gal, we can't wait to see what you come up with! I could've guessed it would be country too....we just love the country ones!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Great houses!!...you really should check out the Funky neighborhood swap...you would fit right in AND grow your collection to boot!
    I guess I'm gonna have to do it. I think I can squeeze it in. We'll see.

:D :D Thanks, sandpat! I'll check it out!

Gal
    How does the 'Funky Neighborhood Swap' work for members outside of the USA? Can we join in or is it too dificult, I do understand if it is not possible.

Gal

How does the 'Funky Neighborhood Swap' work for members outside of the USA? Can we join in or is it too dificult, I do understand if it is not possible.

Gal
    Members are asked if they are interested in Int'l swapping so you would be grouped only with those who agreed to swap int'ly. I'm sure they would love for you to join in! I'm on my way to read up on it.

:D

Blog Entries
    Gal, you will need to go to the thread and ask Rachel...she is the organizer of the thread. Usually internationals have no problem participating....we usually just have the postage paid via Paypal and its not problem. I'm not organizing that particular swap though...so I can't tell you for sure what Rachel is going to do..I bet it can easily be worked out though...I'd go for it...we'd love to have you!

Impressive collections ladies. I have only done one and it was as a thank you for my realtor...she loved it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gal
    Many thanks to Sandpat and n2scraplvr, I shall look into it. Going there now!

Gal

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
    Impressive collections ladies. I have only done one and it was as a thank you for my realtor...she loved it.
    Thank you for sharing! We love it and glad your realtor loved it too! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I worked in a real estate office for over 25 years and these would be great gifts for new home buyers! I especially liked the "cat house"! Do you remember where you found the pattern? Thanks for sharing~~~~really enjoyed the "open house tour"!!!!
    Shirley

Hey n2! I love the houses! They are so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Grammy
    I worked in a real estate office for over 25 years and these would be great gifts for new home buyers! I especially liked the "cat house"! Do you remember where you found the pattern? Thanks for sharing~~~~really enjoyed the "open house tour"!!!!
    Shirley
    Hi Shirley! Glad you enjoyed the quilt show!! haha! What a great idea for home buyers!! The "cat house" was from a post by "susiequilt." Just click on her name and send her a PM. She'll be glad to help you. If you still can't find the pattern, let me know, I'll make you one. :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    Hey n2! I love the houses! They are so cute.
    Hi Marilyn! Glad you love the houses!!

Your house collection is extraordinary. That is an awesome collection. Thank you very much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Your house collection is extraordinary. That is an awesome collection. Thank you very much for sharing.
    Thank you so very much and your welcome!!! :D :D

Blog Entries
    Goodness, so many houses .. are any for rent or for sale ! they are all so imaginative, quite a collection. Thanks for showing them to us.

Love your neighborhood. All the houses are so neat.
    Please share photos when you do Rainbow Row. I have painted Rainbow Row many times, had never thought about
    doing a quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Goodness, so many houses .. are any for rent or for sale ! they are all so imaginative, quite a collection. Thanks for showing them to us.
    Let's pick one out to move into!! I love the fairytale land of the one in the forest with the lace fence! If it just didn't look so cold and snowy in it, I would move in! haha. Thank you for looking and enjoying!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've never really had a thing for house blocks before, but now I think I want some!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tour of your
    "real estate!"
    I, too, think these would make wonderful gifts for homebuyers from either the real estate agency or the title company that does the closing, as I have worked for both.
    Soooo enjoyable!

Many thanks to Sandpat and n2scraplvr, I shall look into it. Going there now!

Gal
    So glad Sandpat jumped in there with some help for you!! I know they would love to have you join in and it sure sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy it!!
    :-D :-D

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast