Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My festival booth >

My festival booth

My festival booth

Old 11-10-2013, 07:47 AM

Default My festival booth

I was in my church's festival & this was my booth. It's the 3rd year I've been in it. I did OK, but not as good as last year. I sold a few wall hangings, purses, table runners & small quilts, but sadly I didn't sell the large quilt on the wall. I had sold a large one last year & had high hopes to do so again, but oh well. People told me I had it priced really good ($325) & they took pictures & would stand to talk about it with me. Loved talking with the quilters that would stop by. I would like to find a way to display my quilts better in a small area. Behind me was a 6' table that had folded quilts. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails img_1288.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 07:59 AM

My! My!, you have been busy. All of these quilts and projects must have taken you for ever to make. That quilt on the wall the large one is gorgeous the price is very reasonable. You organised your booth ever so will and I know how much work that alone is. All of your projects are fabulous . Keep up the good work
Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, I spy lots of wonderful things. They all look great!! I went to the Catholic Church near me for their sale. I got two bracelets for my granddtrs. one was sort of lovely soft tiny roses. looked like they were on ribbon and the lady had taken two strips of ribbon and glued on either side of a bracelet chain. I loved it. I like different things!! I think everyone's holding onto their pennies these days. I didn't spend much myself.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:06 AM

Love the big quilt! And, in my opinion, the price is too low! But then, as a quilter I know how much work goes into a quilt like that. From what I have seen at festivals like the one you describe, what sells the best are small items. This close to Christmas people are looking for gifts and often buy more than one of the same kind of item. So perhaps what would work well is to have a large quilt like yours as a backdrop, to attract people into the booth, and then lots of small quilted items to entice them to buy.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:10 AM
DJ

That is a beautiful quilt on the wall as well as your other items. Do you have a business card that people can take and give you a call if they decide they wish they had purchased something?
Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

wow
what a lovely booth... hope you sold lots
Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

I have turned selling quilts at craft shows for years but with little success. I priced them just enough to get my materials back but still people only wanted small items. I have finally gifted most of the quilts away so I didn't go to the craft show this year. Your display looks incredible!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Your treasures are wonderful!!!!! I have heard that people never want to pay the price they are worth,but I am sure you will find someone who sees your larger quilt for the treasure it is worth.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Oh Dear! What a cool booth! I would have spent my money in there. I know how much work these are to make.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM

That is beautiful work displayed there! Do you think the economy affected it or??? I am making fabric boxes for our bazaar (fundraiser) and then someone commented they hadn't sold well at theirs. Sometimes you just don't know what to make or how something will strike someone. Beautiful items.