Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My First Custom Order King Quilt >

My First Custom Order King Quilt

My First Custom Order King Quilt

Old 12-19-2010, 03:39 PM

That's awesome!!!

A question about the logo: what kind of clearance do you have to get on a likeness like that before starting?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
You did a King on a regular machine?? WOW
That's a great quilt! Good job :D:D
Oh how I agree WoW on a DSM, that in itself is impressive. Nice work.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:45 PM

Very nice work!! However, I do have one little question: How on earth did you get that monster quilted using your regular machine!! :shock: :shock:

I'm also interested in the quilt that can be seen on the right side of the picture. Did you also make that one? I would love to see a pic of it, too. :wink: It looks beautiful! :thumbup:
Old 12-19-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
That's awesome!!!

A question about the logo: what kind of clearance do you have to get on a likeness like that before starting?
From what I have been told (and I hope they were right) is that if you make something similar, it's ok. It can not be the exact logo. I have made changes to it so that it isn't exactly the same. One thing, and you can't see it in the picture, is there is a black 1/4 inch bias sewn around each seam for the stained glass look. I have also changed the wave in the mane and the eye is different. Another thing is that it isn't mass produced for sales.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
You did a King on a regular machine?? WOW
That's a great quilt! Good job :D:D
Oh how I agree WoW on a DSM, that in itself is impressive. Nice work.
Yes I did. I have a Brother QC1000 that I quilted it on. This is my 2nd machine. I had a smaller machine when I first started quilting a little over 2 years ago. I'm wanting a larger/better machine, but it's going to take a little while to save up for it.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
That's awesome!!!

From what I have been told (and I hope they were right) is that if you make something similar, it's ok. It can not be the exact logo. I have made changes to it so that it isn't exactly the same. One thing, and you can't see it in the picture, is there is a black 1/4 inch bias sewn around each seam for the stained glass look. I have also changed the wave in the mane and the eye is different. Another thing is that it isn't mass produced for sales.
Thanks for your reply!

It was *so* close I thought it WAS exact. Then again, you're right, I can't see the bias tape.

Just be careful hon, because it's one thing to make it for personal use and another to make for a paying customer. If you make one for yourself, no biggie, you know?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
Very nice work!! However, I do have one little question: How on earth did you get that monster quilted using your regular machine!! :shock: :shock:

I'm also interested in the quilt that can be seen on the right side of the picture. Did you also make that one? I would love to see a pic of it, too. :wink: It looks beautiful! :thumbup:
Thank you. It took a LOT of patience. I have nerve damage on my left side so I could only sew for up to 15 minutes at a time then I would have to take a break so that my neck would stop burning. On the blue part I just quilted it free style. The white/orange is where I did the decorative stitching. To answer your other question, no I took this to my local quilt shop to show them (they are the ones that taught me) and they took the pictures. The owner of the quilt shop made the other quilts you see in the photos.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
That's awesome!!!

Thanks for your reply!

It was *so* close I thought it WAS exact. Then again, you're right, I can't see the bias tape.

Just be careful hon, because it's one thing to make it for personal use and another to make for a paying customer. If you make one for yourself, no biggie, you know?
Yeah, I know. This customer bought it for a Christmas gift for his wife. I made two other wall hangings almost like this, just ALOT smaller with his son's names and birthdays on them. I changed the borders on them also. I don't make anything the same. Here are the wall hangings I made for him also. The blue smudge on the bottom of them is where I embroidered the names/birthdays. I blotted them out so that they wouldn't be seen.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145326.jpe   attachment-145327.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:37 PM

You do wonderful work! I am impressed!
I see you are from New Mexico. I was in Albuquerque in July of '09, I really loved it. I could easily be happy living there....well, maybe not, I would be so far away from my GS, but I would love to visit again.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:39 PM

fantastic... :thumbup: