Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Dresden Plate

I decided to try and make a dresden plate block yesterday. Don't look too closely.:oops: I made several mistakes with my machine applique. At least I know how to make one now. :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Cissy! I love that purple center, and I'm not even a purple person. The points on the plates look great. All I could see was the circle was a bit out of round, but a non-quilter would never find that in a quilt of plates, in fact I doubt anyone would see it if there was more than one plate. Truly a beautiful first work. Good job! :D

I love it-your fabric choices are great!!! And you did a fabulous job too!!

Love it, good job! :D

Looks really good girl :thumbup: :thumbup:

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    That looks really good. Nice job.

Love it! The fabric choice is great! You did a great job!

Very pretty!! Easy, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    Oh Cissy! I love that purple center, and I'm not even a purple person. The points on the plates look great. All I could see was the circle was a bit out of round, but a non-quilter would never find that in a quilt of plates, in fact I doubt anyone would see it if there was more than one plate. Truly a beautiful first work. Good job! :D
    Thank you, Elizabeth. That little purple circle gave me the most trouble. I should probably try different applique methods to figure out the best way to do a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Lookin good!! Are you going to make an entire DP soon? I hope so!
    Thanks, Loretta. I do want to make an entire quilt but I think I need more practice first. This was my first attempt at applique and I'm still intimidated by it. :?

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Very pretty!! Easy, huh?
    Thank you. :D It was easier than I though it would be. I had the most trouble with my circle center.

Cissy
    nice block and I love some of those fabrics, especially the one with the different colored circles.

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate the kind words. :D

That is really pretty!
    Mistakes? I don't see any!

Izy
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!! It's fabulous, what range of fabrics have you used?? they are gorgeous!! :D

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Cissy,
    Very creative on your choice of fabric. I am fabric corridination challenged !

Very nice !
    Ellen

Oh that is so pretty!!! I am sooo colour challenged, i just love how you put your colours together. I'm thinking of doing one too. I've heard of a couple ways of doing a circle, wonder which way you did it so i know what's the hard way lol. I've heard you can put two pieces of fabric together, sew a circle, then cut a slit in one circle, turn right side out and press, and ive heard of using a freezer paper template, and doing a gathering stitch around outside edge of fabric, pulling tight, then ironing. hmm...you're braver than me! :)

I think you did wonderful for your first time I won't even think of trying that. Great for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    Oh that is so pretty!!! I am sooo colour challenged, i just love how you put your colours together. I'm thinking of doing one too. I've heard of a couple ways of doing a circle, wonder which way you did it so i know what's the hard way lol. I've heard you can put two pieces of fabric together, sew a circle, then cut a slit in one circle, turn right side out and press, and ive heard of using a freezer paper template, and doing a gathering stitch around outside edge of fabric, pulling tight, then ironing. hmm...you're braver than me! :)
    Think Barb has the right ideas, one of them will work. The one about putting the two fabrics would work with a piece of iron on interfacing (?) it think that is what it is. Sew it so that when you turn it right side out, smooth edges, the glue is now on the outside, press in place and stitch.

Banned
    looks great kiddo..... now you got me wanting to try one

Blog Entries
    Looking good.

Great job! I especially like your borders, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    Thank you, Barb. I made the circle using fabric and interfacing, sewed the two pieces together and turned it right side out. My problem was in sewing around the circle. Maybe I should draw a line on the circle to sew on. Or maybe I should look into that curved machine foot that I've heard about.

bj
    That's beautiful! I love the fall and funky together!

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!! It's fabulous, what range of fabrics have you used?? they are gorgeous!! :D
    Thanks, Izy. :D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast