Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My First PP >

My First PP

My First PP

Old 04-10-2010, 09:19 AM

Oh pooh Virtualbernie, I had just found this pattern the other day and thought I might try to pp a quilt with it! Got boring quick huh? Maybe I should find something else. I have pp'd the pineapple square quilt and that had alot of pieces and got boring quickly also, I was thinking that since this only had a few pieces per block it might not be too bad.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 AM

this one was done the 'paperless piecing' way. they don't give instructions.

http://www.sharonschamber.com/classe...Rising-Sun.pdf

http://threadsnfiber.blogspot.com/20...r-piecing.html

anyway, you get the idea. just fold back the paper and sew the fabric. repeat. no ironing.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 AM
k3n
Power Poster

BW I think you did a fabulous job! How like you not to pick an easy starter, or is it Ninnie's fault? LOL Don't let that poor, beautiful block be an orphan - give it a couple of borders and make it into a cushion or sumfink!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa
Oh pooh Virtualbernie, I had just found this pattern the other day and thought I might try to pp a quilt with it! Got boring quick huh? Maybe I should find something else. I have pp'd the pineapple square quilt and that had alot of pieces and got boring quickly also, I was thinking that since this only had a few pieces per block it might not be too bad.
Do like I do, I pp until I get bored, put it down and start on something else! I'll probably be done by 2020! But I ain't givin up! :thumbup:
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
BW I think you did a fabulous job! How like you not to pick an easy starter, or is it Ninnie's fault? LOL Don't let that poor, beautiful block be an orphan - give it a couple of borders and make it into a cushion or sumfink!
it's all ninnie's fault. she made me do it! :-D

virtualbernie said:
Do like I do, I pp until I get bored, put it down and start on something else! I'll probably be done by 2020! But I ain't givin up!

i thought of that. i would have to decide on a pattern, make sure i have enough fabric, and set the whole project aside. i would definitely choose a 12" block for this. the fewer the better. it would be my in-between project. work on something real. take a break. do two blocks. go back to the real project. repeat.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Hi,

Iron the seams open when a lot are going to come together. It will help a lot and a lot of spray starch. I have started ironing all mine open. Takes a little linger, but does so much better. Don't have to worry about which way to iron. Mine is always going the wrong way.

Peg-TX
Innova 18"
Old 05-05-2010, 03:31 AM

Well I think it looks great and I love the color combination. You can see the difficulty with the center but I can't think of a way anyone could avoid it -- especially your first try! When I get one done I'm sure I'll have similar issues.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 AM

nice work