Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: my first quilt, an exercise in patience

Blog Entries
    You must really like your sister! No way would I part with that quilt if it were my first one! It beautiful!

Are you sure this is your first quilt? Your work looks pretty experienced to me. You are doing an amazing job. Love the colors. Kudos to you!

first quilt

Ok that is to unreal I would never belive this good gravy girl you are outstanding as all I can great!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Well, they do everything big in Texas.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

This is beautiful! You should be very proud of your undertaking and I can't wait to see more photos as you progress!!!

Judi
    Judi

great job.....can't believe it's a first! It is going together so quickly....keep the pictures coming!
    Have a blessed day everyday!

It's looking fantastic!! I remember when you first started and I thought "ow ... not a great choice for a first quilt" but then you posted your first few blocks and they looked so good I knew the whole thing would come together for you ... and it is!!!

Curious ... are you removing the paper before you do the Y seams or are you doing the Y seams with paper still intact?? I ask because the first time I did Y seams with paper pieced blocks I removed the paper first (thinking I couldn't possibly do a Y seam with the paper still intact) and I had the usual Y seam distress (some good ... some needed a ripper). The other night I was making a block that was PP and I had changed the pattern a little and had not thought ahead far enough .. found myself in a sticky situation where I had do Y seams with paper pieces. So I jumped right in and sewed my Y leg with the paper in place. It was sew easy!!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

You are doing a great job for your first quilt. Very impressive. Keep up the great work!

Stunning pattern, excellent fabric/colour selection and beautifully executed....well, what more can I say. May you continue as you have begun and look forward to seeing more as you progress.

Really stunning! If I'm not mistaken that's a pattern called Starburst. I let each of my kids pick a pattern and this is the one my son picked. You are a very brave gal!! I've done some PP but each time I got the pattern out and read it I just put it away again and started on a different project. I will say seeing yours has made me get it out again and maybe this time I can at least go buy the fabric.
    Kelly

Oh my! That is stunning! Your sister is a very lucky lady! I think you should change your board name to "Intrepid Quilter"! I am totally impressed and can't wait to see the finished product. Isn't it wonderful that we don't realize what we are getting into until we are hooked on the process and the pleasure?
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

woahhhh! If that's your first quilt, I can't wait to see what you do when you've been doing this for a while! You certainly did challenge yourself, but you're nailing it. Keep posting! wow. First quilt?.....?.....lol. Nice, brave, smart girl. and a gift to boot. Awesome.

It's beautiful. Your doing a great job, can't wait to see it when it's done.

You are doing an incredible job, congratulations, diamonds are always tough with inset seems and you seemed to have overcome. Thank you.

I'm getting ready to start my first quilt, and it is YEARS before I'll be ready to tackle anything like that! I'm nervous about my attempt, and I'm just going to be stitching together pre-cut jelly roll strips!!

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW! You are doing an excellent job! And I agree with crqltr......I couldn't part with a beauty like this if it were my first. Keep the pics coming!

Blog Entries
    I should do so well on my 20th quilt!!!!! Beautiful!!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

The quilt is wonderful. I hope your sister knows what you are going through for her or you can tell her someday. What a wonderful wedding gift.

Wow! You are doing a great job and on a complicated pattern. That looks like a hard one for a first quilt! You can do it!
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Your 1st quilt, OMG!!! That is absolutely GORGEOUS. You certainly don't need help from anyone here. You could teach us a thing or two about creativity & skill. Kudos to you. Please show us the finished product. It is beautiful.
    Dance like no one is watching

This is your first quilt!!!???!!! Holy Cow...it's beautiful and I can't wait to see it finished. I've wanted to do this pattern, but have been so afraid of it. You are doing a great job!

that is gorgeous, great job. keep up the good work

This is your first quilt? I can't wait till you get "really good"! You don't need my help! Great job!

Blog Entries
    Wow it is going to be, and is already, beautfiul

You did pick a challenge for the first one but it is gorgeous! Keep up the great work. By the time you finish this you will be a pro!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast