Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: my first quilt, an exercise in patience

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Looks like it's coming along great! That AQC would have to be a Christmas gift to me from someone. But at least you have it to work with. Love it. Going to be beautiful when it's done because it already is.

I am also working on this pattern (and it is a long way from my first quilt, but still a bit intimidating). Well, I got the first row of diamonds put together and then the 2nd row which is the squares with set in seams. But, duh!, I miscut the pieces for the first diamonds, compounded with miscutting the no. of pieces needed for the second row of diamonds. SO -- called Keepsake to see if I could replace the fabric. I didn't purchase the kit. I am making this for a friend who was absolutely too intimidated to even try. Keepsake found the records where my friend had purchased this kit in 2011; then very promptly and courteously is sending me more of that fabric at no charge. Woo Hoo for Keepsake!

It is stunning! Your sister will love it!

Beautiful quilt!
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Wow, that's a very ambitious pattern for your first quilt. It is going to be beautiful. Be sure and post the finished quilt. Good luck

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. Can't believe it is your very 1st one so technical. Great job and keep us posted on your progress. LOVE it.

I to am working on this pattern I am hand piecing and plan to hand quilt it also because it will be my very personal quilt and I am using plums and scarlets beiges and just decidedto add a little gold good luck yours looks wonderful and I love you color choices

Wow, that is fantastic, love the colors, If that's your beginner quilt I cannot wait to see your next works.
    Live well, Love often, Pray daily

First of all......YOU ARE A CRAZY WOMAN for choosing this pattern for your first quilt!!! CRAZY and BRAVE! Y seams are not the easiest for the most seasoned quilter. Ok....now that I have insulted you......you are crazy AND You are DOING THE MOST AMAZING JOB!!!!! YOU my friend are a natural artist!
    Wonderful wonderful quilt!

O.M.G. Is all I have to say! Wow. Just wow. Your First quilt?!? Just the thought of doing that pattern scares me! It is definitely on my to-do list one day! I'm amazed and inspired!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9