Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Quilt- Postage Stamp Quilt

I have to agree with everyone it is a beautiful quilt and a beautiful story. Thank you for protecting our country! Yes keep making those quilts!

A treasure for your daughter and you and your fellow soldiers are a treasure for our nation. Thank you for your service.

The quilt is just beautiful, and your story is very touching! Thank you sew much for your service. God bless!

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. I can't believe you made a postage stamp quilt as your first and did a fabulous job at that. How sweet your daughter was hugged by it during your deployment. Thank goodness you returned safely to cuddle her yourself. Great job and looking forward to more quilts in the future.

What a beautiful story and beautiful quilt! Thank you for all you have done for us!

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is awesome! I love love love it. We take so much for granted in our lives. Thank you so much for your service to our country. You are a wonderful Mom. I can't imagine all the sacrifices you've made. It touched my heart that you were googling the binding process on way to the airport. And I complain when I can't get on this site everyday. God Bless you and your family and I look forward to viewing your next quilt. I hope you get to stay home safe and sound.
    The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Blog Entries
    ***w***o***w***
    j j
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

That is a great quilt and knowing the story behind it makes it even greater. God bless you and keep you, and all our military people, safe forever.

Beautiful, I did not read all the comments, but what size are your "stamps"?
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Some day I would love to do one of these. Yours is beautiful.God bless you and your family. Thanks for serving our country.

Great story and I love your awesome quilt!

Beautiful quilt! Thank you for your serviice to our country and may God Bless you and your family. I am sure your daughter feels so close to you. I know even when my daughter was little and got sick she wanted my bathrobe to wrap up in - said she could smell me and felt safe. It is the little things that mean so much.
    Pam Riggs

Love the quilt. Love your story even move. Love that you took the time to serve our country for all of our freedom. God Bless!

So very special. Thank-you for your service to our country and the sacrifices you have made for us.

Very pretty, i know your daughter loved it
    Doreen

This story brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine having to leave my family to travel thousands of miles away to help in a country that doesn't seem to want help & risk my life in the meantime. God bless you for your love of country & I hope this finds you safe & sound & back into the arms of your family. Congrats on your lovely quilt. I am sure your DD felt secure in its warmth. What a lovely story.
    Dance like no one is watching

Dear afchic: Your quilt is AWESOME! Loved the story, as well--gives your beautiful quilt extra meaning! I can't imagine hand-piecing all those tiny blocks! I can't tell from the picture, but it looks like a rag quilt ???
    (except that it has a binding). It is just wonderful! Good luck to you and your family, and thank you for your service to our country!
    ~( ) Jeri

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous! Thank you for your service!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt, as well as the sacrifices you make for your country. As the military mom of 2, I know how trying it is on you and your family when you have to deploy. Thank you again, and God bless you!

Wow. nice job and the love that it conveys is so very special. bless you for your service for all of us.

nls
    Very pretty quilt!!

Blog Entries
    God Bless you for serving your country and God Speed you home again-Love your quilt(Military Mom)

Your story brought a lump to my throat -- i only know how it is the other way round - a mom watching her son leave for Iraq -- but thinking of your little girl....well..........whew...........
    Thank you so very very much for your service...and your family for their support. Your quilt is beautiful - and an absolute labor of love. Thanks for sharing !!

God bless you for your service to our country, from one veteran to another, and also a quilter,

Power Poster
    Your quilt looks wonderful!
    Thanks for your service to our country!
    Be safe!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast