Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My First Quilt >
  • My First Quilt

• My First Quilt

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Thank you, thank you, to all the ladies/gents who have taken a view of my quilt. I hope I have encouraged beginners that you just jump in and find out what you can do. I really appreciate all the compliments, wishes and encouragement all of you have shared with me.

Knowing how I like to get responses after a post, I'll try to answer a couple of questions. YES, that is my beagle, Maxx. He is a Momma's boy and we love him lots. To all of you who said you have a beagle, you know how lovable they are. Except for that baying.....

Needless to say, I am hooked and have lot's of patterns to try, but right now I am working on another pattern I found via Quilter's World online and it is a table runner. I will share as soon as I am finished. I think after the runner, I will begin another larger quilt pattern and this time will make my own fabric choices and not try to copy what the pattern creator did.

I am so glad I found this message board and look forward to seeing more of all your work and sharing mine with you.

Thanks again.
    Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 AM

You are on your way to many U.F.O's Great job on your first quilt!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 06-07-2011, 01:33 PM

Beautiful first quilt! Great job you've done! Congrats. Will be looking forward to seeing others you make.
    Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM

I love it! Beautiful quilt - congratulations.
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM
    Power Poster

You did an awesome job on this quilt :D:D:D
    Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 AM

NICE !!
    Old 06-08-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by scrapbeagle
    I have never quilted before, so I subscribed to Quilter's World Magazine online and low and behold, I was offered all these beautiful patterns from past issues. I found the "Angie's Star" by Jill Reber in the June, 2006 issue and decided to try it. It said Beginner, so I knew I was in! I had a blast doing my first quilt. The entire quilt is machine stitched. Just in time to celebrate the 4th of July! Thanks for looking.
    Beautiful workmanship! How exciting, first quilt! Can you share info to sign up and get past 5 yrs. issues with subscription?
    Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by scrapbeagle
    Thank you, thank you, to all the ladies/gents who have taken a view of my quilt. I hope I have encouraged beginners that you just jump in and find out what you can do. I really appreciate all the compliments, wishes and encouragement all of you have shared with me.

Knowing how I like to get responses after a post, I'll try to answer a couple of questions. YES, that is my beagle, Maxx. He is a Momma's boy and we love him lots. To all of you who said you have a beagle, you know how lovable they are. Except for that baying.....

Needless to say, I am hooked and have lot's of patterns to try, but right now I am working on another pattern I found via Quilter's World online and it is a table runner. I will share as soon as I am finished. I think after the runner, I will begin another larger quilt pattern and this time will make my own fabric choices and not try to copy what the pattern creator did.

I am so glad I found this message board and look forward to seeing more of all your work and sharing mine with you.

Thanks again.
    After seeing your first quilt, can hardly wait to see what you choose to make next, gives us all hope that we can do well too.
    Old 06-09-2011, 05:16 AM

Beautiful workmanship! How exciting, first quilt! Can you share info to sign up and get past 5 yrs. issues with subscription?[/quote]

You have to subscribe to the Digital version of Quilter's World magazine and then access the older magazines by selecting the archives tab. I don't think you get access with subscription to the paper version. You would have to call to find out about that.

Thanks for your comments.
    Old 06-09-2011, 07:23 AM

What a great job! Love the pattern and colors.