Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
MY FOLDED DAHLIA FINISHED >

MY FOLDED DAHLIA FINISHED

MY FOLDED DAHLIA FINISHED

Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by lor6209
where did you find your pattern Or turtial For your Floded Dahlea ? I would love to try to make one Thanks Lor6209
The instructions are on the board under Tutorials. Dungeonquilter put it in for us.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Beautiful, where did you get the pattern..........
Originally Posted by Pat G
Here is a pix that's a little more close up. I love this pc. For now, I've laid it in the middle of my bed on the top of my white comforter.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:34 PM

Very nice, love it.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
Maybe I can help a little bit on the very first fold is where you fold it twice. On the rest of the folds you only fold it omce to make a traingle and then you fold it over the last color and then you do that the rest of the way and I sorta got confused too until I tried it the was I got it done. So remember the very first fold, you fold it to make the triangle and crease and then you unfold that and bring it down again just to the crease and fold it to the edge of the stack and then fold it down to the background fabric. Then do the same on the other side and then you fold it just to make the traingle and then fold it over the last color and do the same for the rest of the folds, alternating sides. It'll work. Huggies, Fay

Fay, I've printed out your msg. but as I read & reread it it sounds like what I'm doing. OH OH, I just read it again. At what row do you just make the triangle & not all of the folds?
You start that on the 2nd row of colors. The very frst one is where you fold it twice. It is because that is the narrowest part. Huggies, Fay

I wish I'd read your msg. before I made my green one yest. I will have to do the next one your way. Makes sense to me. By using different measurements that somebody gave me yest., my Dahlia is flatter but still a bit fluffy. I also put a wider border on it. I'll put a pix in the pix section. I can't start another one now since I had to pack up my sewing stuff since I'm leaving Ariz. for home in Wash. next wk. end.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM

Mine has a bit of fluff to it also and that is because of all the squares sewn to it and then folded. I may make another one too, but tomorrow I go for my cardiac seminar thing at the hospital. Then I can do it in the afternoon. What part of Wash do you live in? I'm in Port Angeles. Have a great evening, Huggies, Fay
Old 04-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Mine has a bit of fluff to it also and that is because of all the squares sewn to it and then folded. I may make another one too, but tomorrow I go for my cardiac seminar thing at the hospital. Then I can do it in the afternoon. What part of Wash do you live in? I'm in Port Angeles. Have a great evening, Huggies, Fay
I noticed you're in P.A. I'm on a sm. lake above the north shore of Hood Canal. Out from Bremerton. Out from Belfair. I haven't been to PA in a long time. The last time I was there, we were there for motorcycle races & a boy had an accident & broke a leg & I took him to the hosp.
I had to pack up my sewing stuff today so it'll be awhile before I can work on another one.
I got excited about your cardiac seminar. Are you a nurse? I sure miss those kinds of things. I worked at some really good hospitals.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 AM

I noticed you're in P.A. I'm on a sm. lake above the north shore of Hood Canal. Out from Bremerton. Out from Belfair. I haven't been to PA in a long time. The last time I was there, we were there for motorcycle races & a boy had an accident & broke a leg & I took him to the hosp.
I had to pack up my sewing stuff today so it'll be awhile before I can work on another one.
I got excited about your cardiac seminar. Are you a nurse? I sure miss those kinds of things. I worked at some really good hospitals.
No I'm not in the nursing profession. I had heart surgery last month and I need the thereaphy and the nutrician and such. Aortic valve was replace with a tissue valve of a cow. They have free seminars at the hospital 3 times a week and I'll go to the nutrician one tomorrw. Today they have one on aroebics and my chest is not healed up as yet so those kinds of exercises can wait a while. I want to get started on the nutrician as that is where I will need the most help. Good thing the hospital is in walking distance of me so I can get plenty of exercise by walking too. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 04-25-2011, 08:44 AM

No I'm not in the nursing profession. I had heart surgery last month and I need the thereaphy and the nutrician and such. Aortic valve was replace with a tissue valve of a cow. They have free seminars at the hospital 3 times a week and I'll go to the nutrician one tomorrw. Today they have one on aroebics and my chest is not healed up as yet so those kinds of exercises can wait a while. I want to get started on the nutrician as that is where I will need the most help. Good thing the hospital is in walking distance of me so I can get plenty of exercise by walking too. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Good morning,
Sounds like you're doing ok though since your surg. Therapy afterwards is important though. Sounds like you're doing well. I hope that continues.

Take care of you.

Regards, Pat
Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 AM

That is AWESOME! You did a wonderful job.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful! Love how you finished it :D:D:D