Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My hen party >
  • My hen party

• My hen party

Old 09-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Debbie, when you use sand, do you do a liner? I was wondering if I could glue after loading with sand, or perhaps blind stitch, then glue.
    Thanks!
    Old 09-25-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    ellenmg,,,wow to cute,i love the chicken with the eye's.That yarn you used,is it real fluffy and where did you get it?Please...Connie in CO
    Connie, I got it at AC Moore, it isTLC Baby Amore yarn,made by Coats and Clark. It is very Easter-y I know, or baby color. It was on clearance. It is not quite as easy to crochet with, but it did come out cute. I will send you the pattern if you like. It works up very quickly (15 minutes??) and is large enough to fit an egg underneath.
    Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 AM
    Power Poster

Cute! Use polly pettets.
    Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by ellenmg
    ellenmg,,,wow to cute,i love the chicken with the eye's.That yarn you used,is it real fluffy and where did you get it?Please...Connie in CO
    Connie, I got it at AC Moore, it isTLC Baby Amore yarn,made by Coats and Clark. It is very Easter-y I know, or baby color. It was on clearance. It is not quite as easy to crochet with, but it did come out cute. I will send you the pattern if you like. It works up very quickly (15 minutes??) and is large enough to fit an egg underneath.
    ellenmg,I 'm thinking of making a Prayer Shawl and that yarn would be perfect.
    Old 09-25-2011, 05:49 AM

Debbie, when you use sand, do you do a liner? I was wondering if I could glue after loading with sand, or perhaps blind stitch, then glue.
    Thanks!
    You could use a liner,maybe your stitches are to big.You could use a small piece of batting,lay it between the stitching and the sand.
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:21 AM

cute hens deedum and ellenmg. Oh wouldnt it be a nice little hen party if we all could get together, cluck cluck. heehee. I havent had time but today going to try and get mine together too.
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 AM

Hi connie i did my search with bing. I got alot of different places to look at, but this one had the nice pictures to follow in tut, thats why i thought might be more helpful to someone like me, who needs pictures to see what i need to do. At the top right side should be place to login in , member is free, but i think you have to buy a membership to be able to make your own instructable tut. I haven't had much of a chance to really check site out, but looks very good for other tutorials to look for.
    Originally Posted by Denise
    I just did a search and found a site with awesome tutorial. www.instructables.com You'll have to join to be able to see pattern and instructions. Heres the link, hope i can load this right.

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-...hion/?ALLSTEPS

Now i'm heading for the hen house to create i'll post pics when done. Denise
    Wow,i didn't see where you had to join.Or Google Chicken Pincushion.The pattern is in with the Funky chicken pincushion.
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 AM

your welcome Cynthia
    Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosquera
    thanks for the site. I just printed it for the chick pincushion.
    Old 09-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Connie, I got it at AC Moore, it isTLC Baby Amore yarn,made by Coats and Clark. It is very Easter-y I know, or baby color. It was on clearance. .
    ellenmg,I 'm thinking of making a Prayer Shawl and that yarn would be perfect.
    Check and see, I think maybe they just did not sell that particular color...or they were cleaning house...
    Old 09-25-2011, 03:21 PM

Thanks!
    You could use a liner,maybe your stitches are to big.You could use a small piece of batting,lay it between the stitching and the sand.
    Thanks Conne, I have not tried the sand yet, but I iwll try the small piece of batting and make sure my stitches are tiny....