Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My house is a mess and my kids are running wild...Updated 7/19

Quote Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
    Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! I'm hoping to get some of the log cabin blocks done today. I'll post some photos later.
    Can't wait...and post some of the kids, too! How old are your kids? Mine are 6 and 3.

I love your quilt cissyquilts. I am going to bookmark it so I can go back to look when I finish the projects I am on now. The colors are so bright and cheerful.
    Believe me Messy house wild kids are going to be miss by you one day. Empty nest symdrom is rough sometimes.
    Bill'sBonBon

Your quilt is outstanding. Love it.

Blog Entries
    I just cracked up at your title--it should be a song! :D :D :D

Your pattern and color choices are bee-u-ti-ful!!

How gorgeous is that!!! Kids can be bathed and house work can be caught up, so sew on Cissy sew on!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

Hi everyone, thanks again for all of your nice words. I only got four log cabin blocks done yesterday. My dh decided to take the day off from work and it completely threw off my rhythm! :wink: I'll post another photo later today when I have more done. Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Blog Entries
    Just beautiful! And I thought the illustration was pretty!

I love the colors. How do you people find the time. You must have a sewing room all set up that you can go in and lock the door. I can't wait to see the finished product. :lol:

I have 2 of the log cabin rows done now. I'm really happy with the way this quilt is turning out. Thanks again for all of your nice comments.

I also attached a photo of my dh and our youngest, Zachary (he's 7 yrs old). Dh took him fishing this morning and Zack landed a nice silver salmon. We're having smoked salmon for dinner tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tarib
    I love the colors. How do you people find the time. You must have a sewing room all set up that you can go in and lock the door. I can't wait to see the finished product. :lol:
    Thanks, tarib. I'm working with a deadline on this project so I have to hurry with it. I don't normally work this fast. :D

Blog Entries
    It just gets better and better--and I loved it on the first photo. :D The log cabins are just perfect.

You crack me up--
    My dh decided to take the day off from work and it completely threw off my rhythm!
    I bet we can all relate. :lol:

Are you following a pattern, or making it up as you go?

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    It just gets better and better--and I loved it on the first photo. :D The log cabins are just perfect.

Thanks Barnbum! I designed the pattern with my EQ6.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Here's the link to her 'pattern'.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/9110.page

Your quilt is looking fabulous and that salmon, WOW!!

Cissy, that is so pretty!! I am almost afraid to show mine. It's a baby blanket (31" x 31") and I think it has too much blue and not enough contrast, but it's done!
    My seams don't all match perfectly like yours. You can really see it in the polka dot squares.
    Dona
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Wow--I never saw that first post--where you posted the pattern pictures. I love the log cabin borders best--did you decide yet? Either will look great. :D

You make me want to try this EQ6 thing.... :wink:

Cissy-This quilt just gets better and better with every picture you post. I love it!!!!

Oooh, pretty quilts and yummy fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Cissy-This quilt just gets better and better with every picture you post. I love it!!!!

I agree 100%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gramadona
    Cissy, that is so pretty!! I am almost afraid to show mine. It's a baby blanket (31" x 31") and I think it has too much blue and not enough contrast, but it's done!
    My seams don't all match perfectly like yours. You can really see it in the polka dot squares.
    Dona
    I think your quilt is great, Dona! I love the blue and green colors together. You know, we all have to start at the beginning and will only get better after lots of practice. You should see some of my first quilts.....very scary!! :shock: I have been quilting for 3 years and this is the first quilt that I have made that has all the seams lined up. But I am being super careful with this one because I am entering it for judging at the state fair next month. I have never entered a quilt contest and am pretty nervous about it. Excited too I guess. I want to have my quilts evaluated so I can learn how to do better. I read alot of books and magazines about quilting and learn from them. Then there is this wonderful board. :D Keep on quilting and trying new things! Hugs, Cissy

Thanks so much for the kind encouragement. I DO see improvement with each quilt, but I want then to ALL be PERFECT... and right now!
    Lol... my grand children love their "Grama quilts" and that is very satisfying.
    A quilt contest! Yikes! I have a long way to go before I can even entertain the idea!
    But you should do well. Your quilt is exquisite.
    You are so right about studying quilting books and magazines. I have subscribed to 2 magazines and went to eBay and found an estate sale with a pile of old quilting books that are wonderful. I guess I just need to practice, practice, practice.
    Thanks and good luck at the fair...
    Dona

Blog Entries
    thanks for sharing your pictures...
    lovely quilt

THIS is Beautiful, I love it BarbTN

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice, just let the kids run. They will have fun and you will too, lol. Love the hearts and home center.
    Live and let live!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast