House is a Mess!

Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Now that the holidays are almost over, anyone got some quick, easy, not too strenuous ideas to get my house back in order, Everywhere I look it's an absolute wreck. How two people can make such a mess I'll never know. However, I know I'm the biggest messer upper. Oldest son and granddaughter arriving Monday and I don't know where to start.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

Don't you wish you could just wiggle your nose or blink!!! LMBO I am in the same boat :roll: Been cleaning all weekend LOL
Old 12-26-2009, 08:52 PM

My house is a total wreck, the laundry is overflowing and my back hurts like heck. I could use a good nose twitcher if you know one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Man, I know the feeling!!! Christmas was here!! I had 22 for dinner Thursday, 17 for Breakfast Christmas day, 15 for Christmas dinner and Breakfast this morning was 16. We only had 9 for dinner tonight and served leftovers.
The house is a disaster area. Tomorrow after church the vac will be dragged out! We have run the dishwasher at least 6 times in the last 2 days and I have run 4 loads of laundry with table linens and towels!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:19 PM

Boy - oh - boy do I hear you about this. It is just about 1:15am, on Saturday (well, really Sunday now) and I have just finished up with the last load of laundry. Took me 2 hours to get the bathroom cleaned - rugs, floor, and all the other stuff. How DO they get toothpaste in the places they do? And I found poundcake batter splattered on the toaster, the coffeepot and the under counter light! When you get to this point in the middle of the night, is it better to keep going or take a break and start again? House is calm - finally, hubby is alseep, and the coffee is wearing off.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Power Poster

My house is always a mess. I don't need a holiday - - - or company. lol.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:56 PM

The last of my company is here till tommorrow afternoon....the house is a wreck...the garbage is overflowing....the laundry needs to be done...and I just dont know where I will start
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 AM

OH NO ... YOU DO NOT HAVE A MESSY HOUSE. I am moving I had to wait til TODAY to start packing. Two weeks, get it all in box's. Kids here, make it look just like .. Christmas. Today? hell. Total hell house. I have made so many runs to the waste.. looking for extra box's dumping things that no one would want a truck full of clothing I was wishing 4 yrs ago the man would willingly part with. finally he does not want to MOVE STUFF.. OMG here it is.. an OLD bowling trophy.. lets say 20 yrs ago or more.. he has moved it and moved it. Today? he said it goes. I was thrilled. Then he said wait.. he BROKE off the little men bowling and said he was keeping THOSE so .. I am moving them again. Its progress but I personally am DONE moving at almost 50 ready to never move again and I am moving.. little metal bowling men. ARGH!!! So no your house is not a mess. Its slightly out of sorts. Feel better?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

i think we could all use a ginny :-D
Old 12-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

I just clean one corner at time here. And then I can at least turn and look at it lol. tomorrow I will start trying to get everything back in order, but I am sure it will take at least a week, and i don't want to do it, would rather be sewing!