House is a Mess!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I just clean one corner at time here. And then I can at least turn and look at it lol. tomorrow I will start trying to get everything back in order, but I am sure it will take at least a week, and i don't want to do it, would rather be sewing!
That's one of the reasons my house is in such a mess -- I'd rather be sewing or on the 'puter talking to my friends... :D
Old 12-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I just clean one corner at time here. And then I can at least turn and look at it lol. tomorrow I will start trying to get everything back in order, but I am sure it will take at least a week, and i don't want to do it, would rather be sewing!
That's one of the reasons my house is in such a mess -- I'd rather be sewing or on the 'puter talking to my friends... :D

:shock: Me too!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 12-27-2009, 10:27 AM

Here's how I handled my DBIL one year.

I told him if he was coming to visit the house, call and make an appointment and I would see if I could get it cleaned for him. On the other hand, if he was coming to visit the family stop by anytime he was welcome.

He was not amused at all and never came back to our home. It was not a loss by any means. Of course this is the same guy who would go in after you used the toilet and wipe it clean or if you rocked the rocking chair too hard and it hit the wall, he would yell at you to move the chair before you damaged it. Needless to say, he has bad ulcers, heart problems, and is on nerve pills.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:43 AM

LOL ditto that ;-)
Old 12-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wvdek
He was not amused at all and never came back to our home. It was not a loss by any means. Of course this is the same guy who would go in after you used the toilet and wipe it clean or if you rocked the rocking chair too hard and it hit the wall, he would yell at you to move the chair before you damaged it. Needless to say, he has bad ulcers, heart problems, and is on nerve pills.
I bet you felt REAL welcome. My mom's aunt who lives next door to her has such a sterile house, it does not even smell. It's the oddest thing. No cooking smell, no cleaning smell, I swear, her house has no soul.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
OH NO ... YOU DO NOT HAVE A MESSY HOUSE. I am moving I had to wait til TODAY to start packing. Two weeks, get it all in box's. Kids here, make it look just like .. Christmas. Today? hell. Total hell house. I have made so many runs to the waste.. looking for extra box's dumping things that no one would want a truck full of clothing I was wishing 4 yrs ago the man would willingly part with. finally he does not want to MOVE STUFF.. OMG here it is.. an OLD bowling trophy.. lets say 20 yrs ago or more.. he has moved it and moved it. Today? he said it goes. I was thrilled. Then he said wait.. he BROKE off the little men bowling and said he was keeping THOSE so .. I am moving them again. Its progress but I personally am DONE moving at almost 50 ready to never move again and I am moving.. little metal bowling men. ARGH!!! So no your house is not a mess. Its slightly out of sorts. Feel better?
I need nerve pills just hearing about this guy!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:06 PM

I actually got started today and tackled the worst parts of the house - moved local granddaughter's huge dollhouse I got her for Christmas that was sitting on a card table in front of the sleeper sofa (need it tomorrow night)along with some of her other stuff, wrapping debris, boxes, etc. and dh vacuumed. Then I cleaned the guest room for my oldest granddaughter (16) so she can use it tomorrow night, did laundry, straightened up family room, and kitchen. Of course, I felt so overwhelming virtuous after completing these chores that I figured I deserved a break and a good laugh. This site is the best place to get both. I'm still laughing about the dead mouse & the suggestion she use it to have a scavenger hunt with prizes and such for her company.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:24 PM

Well, I just had a glitch thrown into my cleaning up, what little I could do. I have been running laundry and as I was sitting here this morning I heard water flowing behind me. I have water coming out of the light fixture in this room. Fortunately it was not the fixture over my sewing machine!!! We went through this about 20 months ago, tore the whole room apart, replaced everything. Now it is happening again. Water is now shut off to the house. So glad that everyone has already left!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Well, I just had a glitch thrown into my cleaning up, what little I could do. I have been running laundry and as I was sitting here this morning I heard water flowing behind me. I have water coming out of the light fixture in this room. Fortunately it was not the fixture over my sewing machine!!! We went through this about 20 months ago, tore the whole room apart, replaced everything. Now it is happening again. Water is now shut off to the house. So glad that everyone has already left!!!
OMG! You mean the water is coming in overhead? Put a tarp over your machine & fabric - the rest is replaceable :). Seriously, that really is awful....especially if the water is coming from a leak in overhead pipes.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM

We think it may be the hot water pipe coming out of the water heater. Can't get a plumber here today, so far. DH just shut off the water heater and turned on water to the house. We're watching to see if it starts coming out of the fixture again.
I moved my sewing machine and threw a towel over it. Last year (2008) this room was torn up from Mid March until Late August. I have only had just over a year with this room finished!!!! Last time it was leaking over my fabric stash. This time, because of the water damage last time, I have built in cabinets that my fabrics are in. Same area, I don't think it's dripping over them, and there is the small measure of protection of being in a cabinet.
WHY????????