House is a Mess!

Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 PM

I sure hope they find the problem soon and this time it gets fixed, permanently. How awful for you. When our sewing/quilting/crafting room shuts down so do we - oh dear. I will think positive thoughts about your pipes, your machines, and your stash. :)'s
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry that you have another leak (((HUGS))) I hope that it is an easy fix!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:41 AM

Hopefully this leak can be fixed easily and fast with minimum disruption to your sewing room!!! (Maybe you need to change the room you use for sewing????)
Old 12-28-2009, 05:48 AM
Banned

Have good homeowners insurance? Got a match?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61216.gif  
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Just to update. We turned off the hot water to the house but could keep the cold water on. Unfortunately no one was able to take a shower this morning because the water was way too cold. I'm glad that I decided to have DH help wash my hair yesterday instead of waiting until today. We finally got a plumber out here just before noon. He took a look, found where the leak was and in an hour had a new piece of pipe in and used his blow torch (very carefully) to dry the insulation in the ceiling. It only cost us $150. Our last flood totaled over $11,000!!! We may have to repaint a portion of the ceiling in here but that's no biggie!! We're so relieved and I'm so glad that it didn't leak out of the light over my sewing machine!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Whew wee! Glad it is fixed and didn't cost an arm and a leg.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 AM

[quote=Clothfiend]Now that the holidays are almost over, anyone got some quick, easy, not too strenuous ideas to get my house back in order,

Light a match? My next house will have concrete floors with a drain in the center and a hose nozzle close by. I find the older I get, the less I like to clean and the more tolerant of dust and fur I become. I'm starting to understand my mother more and more and seem to be following in her footsteps. Life is way too short.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 AM

[quote=Nancy in Louisiana]
Originally Posted by Clothfiend
Now that the holidays are almost over, anyone got some quick, easy, not too strenuous ideas to get my house back in order,

Light a match? My next house will have concrete floors with a drain in the center and a hose nozzle close by. I find the older I get, the less I like to clean and the more tolerant of dust and fur I become. I'm starting to understand my mother more and more and seem to be following in her footsteps. Life is way too short.
I agree 100% -- what's a little dust and fur among friends??? :D
Old 12-29-2009, 11:44 AM

I agree 100% -- what's a little dust and fur among friends??? :D
I didn't have real Christmas here, so that gave me till yesterday to get ready for DSD who came by last night. And I invited family over for New Years Eve, so I am STILL cleaning some more!!!
Ugh.
I am pondering THINGS on my blog currently..(see below)..will be turning it into a month long purge of STUFF.....
Hope that putting it out there where others know what I am up to makes me a bit more accountable.
Of course, look where I am right now... on the computer.
Sigh.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Banned

All the decor is now down and put into boxes, I have two naked trees in my LR that will be down tonight, as well as the furniture put back where it belongs. Tomorrow I'll vacuum, mop the floors and dust. I would love to vow that next year I don't decorate as much! Friday I hope to get all the boxes out away until next year. A house full of family is wonderful, but clean up takes a while - before and after.