Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My latest project!

It's so lovely Karenmay! Dresden Plate quilts are stunning. Yours is no exception! Make more!

Thanks everyone for all the compliments....and to answer your questions Celeste...a continental quilt is just a duvet, usually full of down or polyester , and yes, wadding is batting to you!! lol!
    BJ yes it was all machine appliqued ....I'm not a fan of hand sewing (unless its embroidery) I'll be starting another one tomorrow....I've just found a pattern I like and Ive just pressganged my dh into doing the
    cutting for me!! :lol:

Karen

2-3 weeks to finish.... oh, my gosh... I'm really impressed. It is very nice. You did a wonderful job...... My mother in law mad a dresdan plate for me and quilted it by hand.... a real treasure...as I am sure yours is to you. Thanks for sharing... Quilter 1234

That's gorgeous.

Wow!! Karenmay, that's absolutely beautiful!! You did a great job. What is a continental quilt? Virginia

Karenmay, what a wonderful accomplishment! It is just beautiful. I hope you get to "keep" that one. The Dresden plate pattern is on my "to do" list also but it will be quite awhile before I have enough courage to attempt it.......

Virginia, continental quilt is another name for a duvet!

Karen

Stunning... your colors are so bright and cheerful. I think this is the prettiest "thift shop" fabric finds quilt I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

Piecefully yours,
    Kay Susan

All I can think of to say is "WOW"!!! That is stunning. You did beyond beautifully on this one!!! Its absolutely wonderful that you used charity shop finds to make it too! I'll never look at thrift/charity shop clothing the same way again! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful inspiration with us! I agree, you deserve to be VERY PROUD!!!

Karenmay:
    Your Dresden Plate is gorgeous. It's one of my favorite patterns and I've made 3 or 4 of them...yours is really nice and how great that you were able to recycle the used shirts, pillow cases, etc. Good job and great quilt.

Beautiful!! The colors look like Spring - so clean and fresh looking. A keeper for sure. :D

BEAUTIFUL, nice work!!!

Beautiful........amazing what wonderful fabrics you can find at the thrift stores. I buy like-new sheets at my local thrift store for my quilt backings quite often. Usually the queen/king size flat sheets are $2-3.

Shirley

Blog Entries
    Oh, that is a really pretty dresden plate quilt! You should keep that one! I love the thrifty fabrics for this pattern. I need to go to our thrift store here. They do a thing 1 day a week- $5.00 per bag..all you can stuff into a big black garbage back..all for $5.00! Wheeeee, what a deal!

Izy
    Karen, this is simply gorgeous!!, can't believe you managed to find all those lovely fabrics in charity shops etc., are they cotton mix or 100% and does it really matter anyway???

Most of them are a cotton mix Izy.....I'm not too fussy!! lol!

Karen

Izy
    Hey Kaz, can I be in your gang, I am a non conformist in most other things too AND more to the point, I just love to save money and it gives me so much pleasure to get something for nothing so to speak tee hee!! (hope the quilt police aren't logged in though lol!!!!) :roll:

Sure Izy! anyone can join my thrift club! lol! In fact I'm just finishing a single size quilt for the spare bed in the computer room that didnt cost me a penny!! ....hows that for being a scrooge!

Karen

Izy
    Excellent can't fault you Karen, go to the top of the class and give pencils out lol!! I am sooo envious - charity shops are the one thing thats lacking here- we only have one which is run by cudeca, its a cancer charity shop, but its not like the english ones......awwwwwwhhhh, wanna go back to U.K. for a fix now..... !! :wink:

p.s. Show us a picture of this 'free' quilt please!!

I will Izy....but I wont get it finished unless I shift my backside from this computer...will I? lol!

Karen

Simply beautiful!!
    You can also find some interesting men's ties at thrift stores.
    From what I read you do not have any batting in the quilt and you just sew around the blocks to connect to the sheet?? Any easy suggestions to make it easy? I would like to do this.
    Thanks!

Your quilt is Beautiful!

:thumbup: :thumbup: What a great idea and what a beautiful result; however, I have a question. What is a continental sheet?

:roll: Made a mistake in my 1st note. I meant to ask what is a continental bedspread, not sheet.

Ty
    Karenmay,

I don't blame you for keeping this gorgeous quilt for yourself. It's wonderful. Great job - I'm :mrgreen: with envy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast