Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Little Brown Bird Project >

My Little Brown Bird Project

My Little Brown Bird Project

Old 03-05-2020, 04:59 AM

Your applique work and color sense are wonderful. Keep those pictures coming!
Old 03-05-2020, 05:11 AM

Your LBB #7 is just beautiful, as are all the others. I'm still amazed at how quickly you are getting these done. They take me so much longer to do. Of course, I've got a ton of other stuff going on, too.

I'm working on block #40 at the moment and it has so many sharp points both innies and outies. It's taking me longer than I thought it would. That's okay I guess. I'll get it done soon. I'm going to a couple of retreats at the end of the month and my plan is to work on the HST strips so I can start putting this together. I guess I'd better get the last of the blocks embellished and done.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Your LBB #7 is just beautiful, as are all the others. I'm still amazed at how quickly you are getting these done. They take me so much longer to do. Of course, I've got a ton of other stuff going on, too.

I'm working on block #40 at the moment and it has so many sharp points both innies and outies. It's taking me longer than I thought it would. That's okay I guess. I'll get it done soon. I'm going to a couple of retreats at the end of the month and my plan is to work on the HST strips so I can start putting this together. I guess I'd better get the last of the blocks embellished and done.
N-u-N, I will probably have to slow down a lot as the weather warms up a bit and things start happening outdoors. Right now I have all but given up on house work, cooking, accounting and anything else that takes me away from "my project". I spend so much time in the sewing room that my DH thinks he is a widower but can't figure out why there's no life insurance involved, lol. I even took block 7 to the dentist office yesterday to work on while waiting to see the Doc. Most of the time I have to wait at least 30 to 45 minutes but not yesterday, they called me in after about 3 stitches, I almost told them to take the next person first, lol.

I can't wait to see your last few blocks I know they will be spectacular as are all of your blocks. You give me hope that I too will be on block #40 someday.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:22 AM

Default My LBB Block 8

Block 8 is finished. What a fun block to work on. But now it will be a couple weeks before I can get back to the sewing room. I have an estate sale to put together. My 91 yr. young Momma's stuff has been in storage for over a year and now it's time to do something with it. If you don't hear from me by May Day then send in the St. Bernard with an extra big barrel of rum, because I'm gonna need, lol.
Attached Thumbnails my-lbb-block-8.jpg  
Old 03-10-2020, 09:40 AM

Like your sense of humor, too!
Old 03-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewingSenior View Post
Block 8 is finished. What a fun block to work on. But now it will be a couple weeks before I can get back to the sewing room. I have an estate sale to put together. My 91 yr. young Momma's stuff has been in storage for over a year and now it's time to do something with it. If you don't hear from me by May Day then send in the St. Bernard with an extra big barrel of rum, because I'm gonna need, lol.
Beautiful block... love the swirly movement of it
Old 03-10-2020, 12:15 PM

Oh how pretty, Sewing Senior. I love the blue flower in the center. Yes, life does get in the way at times, doesn't it? I won't get a chance to finish up my blocks for a bit. The teaching schedule is getting a bit busy and I have 2 retreats that I host coming up the next couple of weeks. So, I'll post mine whenever I get them done. It won't be this week.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:31 AM

Another beautiful block done. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:23 AM

You did a great job on the baby birdy's you made in January. I'm late to the party as I just found this thread.

I found this quilt when it came out and I bought the book, 20 years ago. I wanted to wait until my applique got better and we had more money for quality fabrics. Fast forward about 10 years and now I have all the blocks as a BOM collection, back when BOM's were just $5. I inherited them from someone else who'd collected them and had them for years. I'm not sure about the colors though. I have only started one of the blocks. I've been drooling over the book lately though and really wishing there was more time in the day. sigh. This is a great quilt and from what little I've seen so far, your going to make an amazing quilt. Enjoy!
Old 03-17-2020, 01:04 PM

Talking My LBB Block 9

Block 9 is brought to you courtesy of Mother Nature. Thank you Mother Nature for the 5 days of rain which gave me the time to make this block. When the sun does come out I may have to put myself in self quarantine, I don't have the Corona virus but I can feel the Budweiser virus coming on, I can't afford those fancy beers.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-block-9.jpg