Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my new Red Barn >

my new Red Barn

my new Red Barn

Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pam Pollock
Both are really nice. I didn't see the desert scene right away as I'd only got as far as the barn. Both are really beautiful. are they all paperpieced?
Cynthia England calls it "Picture Piecing". It is a technique that is backward from the paper piecing. In paper piecing you see the "finished" piece as soon as you sew it together and the freezer paper is on the back. With Picture Piecing your project is covered with the freezer paper until you are done so you don't see the project until you are finished and "reveal" it. I haven't looked at her www but she might have a video on it??? Ellen
Old 03-04-2010, 07:30 AM

My next projekt is to make a quilt with my old beetle convertible. The pattern is already finished... only freezer paper is still missing...[/quote]

WONDERFUL!! Lucky you - I LOVE C E!! There is one of her patterns around here someplace - she is one of my FAVORITE designers and YOU are an EXCELLENT student!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 AM

oh I love your barn, i so want to learn landscaping.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Ellen, your cactus is wonderful.
Whats your next Chyntia projekt? :-)

Did you already try to design your own pattern?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Winnona
Ellen, your cactus is wonderful.
Whats your next Chyntia projekt? :-)

Did you already try to design your own pattern?
No I didn't design my own pattern yet. Have to think about that. But I am planning to make a Southwest Indian type quilt, and I think I will use the cactus as a center block. I have made a couple changes from when I posted. I took the sand fabric and made very small pieces, turned over so the back side of fabric shows. I am going to glue them on for now so they don't get lost and then sew them on with the quilting....gives the sand a little more life. After I get them glued in place, I will post another photo. Got an email returned to me again today :-( Don't know why. Ellen
Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM

Winnona,

Freezer paper is available at most of our grocery stores. There is one brand that is better for quilting.

Is anyone here from the east coast? I would think it would be cheaper to have someone price and send a few rolls thru the mail from the east coast than to order from Amazon.

I live in SW Washington state so shipping would include across the US but would be happy to check rates.

Cindy
Old 03-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mudsprite
Winnona,

Freezer paper is available at most of our grocery stores. There is one brand that is better for quilting.

Is anyone here from the east coast? I would think it would be cheaper to have someone price and send a few rolls thru the mail from the east coast than to order from Amazon.

I live in SW Washington state so shipping would include across the US but would be happy to check rates.

Cindy
The price for overseas postage would be the same regardless of where you live in the USA. It would not cost extra to send from Washington to the Post Office that would finally send it out of the country. (Retired USPS). Ellen