Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: my new sewing room!

My boyfriend is a pipeline surveyor and left for TX this morning. About an hour after he left, I rearranged the living room and finally put together my sewing room! I'm so excited to finally have a space that works!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    It looks like you have a very nice space. The picture is a little dark though. Is that a quilt on the right side?

That's wonderful! Glad you have your own area! I dis something similar last time the other half went out of town to work.

Quote Originally Posted by connie d
    It looks like you have a very nice space. The picture is a little dark though. Is that a quilt on the right side?
    it's a quilt in progress. The top will be finished tomorrow, the whole thing has to be done by next sunday. I'm making it for my friend's silent auction benefit. I saw somewhere that this person had a piece of fabric hanging on the wall to "layout" the quilt blocks. I have been doing it on the floor for months and decided to give the idea a try. It works great!

Blog Entries
    At walmarts they have these 3 folded out cardboard poster boards like for science fairs, I took four of them and nail them to my wall, took some batting over them and thats how I made my wall...it works so well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachielou
    Quote Originally Posted by connie d
    it's a quilt in progress. The top will be finished tomorrow, the whole thing has to be done by next sunday. I'm making it for my friend's silent auction benefit. I saw somewhere that this person had a piece of fabric hanging on the wall to "layout" the quilt blocks. I have been doing it on the floor for months and decided to give the idea a try. It works great!
    What you made is a 'design wall' - clever! I've heard of using flannel-backed tablecloths too, wrong side out, tacked to wall. Fabric sticks while you arrange it, no pins needed.
    Your new room looks nice - have fun.

Looks like you have a pretty large sewing room, lots of space. My sewing room is a small 9 ft 11 in by 8 ft 4 in bedroom that I converted and my cutting table is in the living room,where I just pull up the carpet to reveal the hardwood floors. My brothers will be here in July to refurbish the floor and enclose my patio and add an addition room so I can have everything in the same room. My design wall is in the spare bedroom

Sewfine

Cutting table in the living room
    Name:  Attachment-178943.jpe
Views: 65
Size:  38.6 KB

Entrance left side wall
    Name:  Attachment-178944.jpe
Views: 67
Size:  44.1 KB

Entrance rightside with dress form in front of closet
    Name:  Attachment-178945.jpe
Views: 67
Size:  48.5 KB

Wall facing the entrance
    Name:  Attachment-178946.jpe
Views: 110
Size:  43.9 KB

Wall next to the left side
    Name:  Attachment-178947.jpe
Views: 62
Size:  49.9 KB

Soooo... what happens when he comes back? lol
    You have a fabulous sewing area. I wish mine were that easy to walk around in! Awesome :)

SEW
    Your room looks great!! Makes me kinda wish my husband would go out of town for the weekend... LOL!

good for you! Enjoy your new space. BF isn't going to want that space back, is he?

Great idea - he probably won't even notice until he goes to sit down on the couch & it isn't in the spot it used to be!

Blog Entries
    What a nice sewing room :D:D:D

Now, that's an interesting idea. Bet it looks really nice, too. You have a wonderful sewing room there. Enjoy!

HAHAHA!!! I have been using it as a sewing room for quite some time-before he left. But he didn't want me to put anything on the walls... too bad. The only way it's going away is if we remodel the kitchen at which point a bedroom will be converted. :) It's nice where it is now though. I can be sewing away and still keep an eye on the baby! Thank you for all the compliments!

OOO thats to funny. I love it.. Only took you one hour huh.. smiles to you.. Enjoy..