Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My New Sewing Table and a bit about my Dad!! >

My New Sewing Table and a bit about my Dad!!

My New Sewing Table and a bit about my Dad!!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM

WOW! What a great dad! He's a keeper!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by kajaza
My dad is truly my hero and always has been, he is a man of many trades...fisherman, mechanic, carpenter, cancer survivor, quad.bypass with valve replacement, he's always supported me in all my decisions good or bad to ..you name it he can do it and if he cant he will figure out a way to. I love him so much!

With his job he isnt home all the time but when he is home the kids and i suck up every minute we can with him! He likes to stay busy so his latest projects have been taking the boys bunks (which he built 4 yrs ago) apart and building a drawer system for underneath them, a coat rack for me to use at craft fairs (and at home), and the latest was delivered to me yesterday...my new Sewing Table!!! I drew a rough pic a wk or 2 ago and told him if he needed a new project i would love one of those so within a couple days he had it half done he added a few things too!! It is completly PERFECT!!!! Merry early Christmas to me!!

Just thought i would share with you all!
WOW WOW! Beautiful sewing table/cabinet. Love the drawers and cutting space. That is a fabulous place for an ironing board. Your fabric shelving bins are fantastic. Your Dad is truly an excellent carpenter. He should go into the business of making sewing cabinets. He could have standing orders I am sure. Give him and extra hug from all of us for doing such a beautiful job. If you don't have one I'll bet he could even make you a long arm with his talent. Congratulations and MERRY CHRISTMAS what a great gift!! Glad he has survived all of his many health problems. I lost my dad in 2004. Loved him so much and became even closer that ever after mother passed away in 1990. He wasn't a carpenter, but gave enough love to make up for that. We all Miss him and mother so much, so enjoy all your time you can spend with your dad. When they are gone, it is quite painful when you would just like to give a hug and kiss or talk to them for a while. Love him while you can, and don't forget to tell him often that you do love him.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Originally Posted by kajaza
My dad is truly my hero and always has been, he is a man of many trades...fisherman, mechanic, carpenter, cancer survivor, quad.bypass with valve replacement, he's always supported me in all my decisions good or bad to ..you name it he can do it and if he cant he will figure out a way to. I love him so much!

With his job he isnt home all the time but when he is home the kids and i suck up every minute we can with him! He likes to stay busy so his latest projects have been taking the boys bunks (which he built 4 yrs ago) apart and building a drawer system for underneath them, a coat rack for me to use at craft fairs (and at home), and the latest was delivered to me yesterday...my new Sewing Table!!! I drew a rough pic a wk or 2 ago and told him if he needed a new project i would love one of those so within a couple days he had it half done he added a few things too!! It is completly PERFECT!!!! Merry early Christmas to me!!

Just thought i would share with you all!
WOW WOW! Beautiful sewing table/cabinet. Love the drawers and cutting space. That is a fabulous place for an ironing board. Your fabric shelving bins are fantastic. Your Dad is truly an excellent carpenter. He should go into the business of making sewing cabinets. He could have standing orders I am sure. Give him and extra hug from all of us for doing such a beautiful job. If you don't have one I'll bet he could even make you a long arm with his talent. Congratulations and MERRY CHRISTMAS what a great gift!! Glad he has survived all of his many health problems. I lost my dad in 2004. Loved him so much and became even closer that ever after mother passed away in 1990. He wasn't a carpenter, but gave enough love to make up for that. We all Miss him and mother so much, so enjoy all your time you can spend with your dad. When they are gone, it is quite painful when you would just like to give a hug and kiss or talk to them for a while. Love him while you can, and don't forget to tell him often that you do love him.
Yes, I agree. Spend as much time as you can with him. I lost my Dad when I was 20 and my Mom 3 and a half years ago... she lived alone another 37 years after Dad passed. I so often wish I could show her one of my quilts, as she is the one who inspired me to start quilting, and taught me how to hand quilt, how to hide my knot in the batting, take small stitches, etc. I miss her so much.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM

Wow, that is so nice, how blessed you are to have a dad like yours! Congratulations!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 PM

That is great! My dad was a carpenter and he started a sewing cabinet for me about 2 months before he was diagnosed with lung cancer almost 20 years ago. He got it all cut out but didn't get a chance to finish it. I found someone else to put it together and am still using it everyday all these years later.
You will always cherish this piece of fine furniture....lucky you, enjoy!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM

I have a hubby like your Dad, but that is one beautiful piece of work. Just a few more pieces and he will have your entire sewing room fixed up for you. How wonderful, and you will have all those things for great memories someday
Old 12-05-2010, 08:35 PM

your dad is wonderful. treasures you will enjoy for many years. your sewing table is great and made very sturdy..thanks for sharing..hugs to your dad.. :thumbup:
Old 12-05-2010, 08:56 PM

i need adopted so my daddy can build me one . very nice :)
Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Is he open for adoption???

You are one very lucky daughter.. !!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 PM

May I please, borrow your Dad? I love your sewing desk.