Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My newest quilt done >

My newest quilt done

My newest quilt done

Old 06-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by GladGrams
You all have no idea how grateful I am for your encouragement. It means a lot to me. I just got into this 4 months ago and everything is new to me.

I have now finished 8 small projects, this was the largest. I made quilted mats for my grandchildren to take to the local pool. Will give them as gifts when I arrive in July in the states. (Lancaster, Pa)

Am working on the final one for them now which will be blue and white pinwheel squares alternated with red and white striped squares. Have no idea how it will look when finished. I'll post a pic then.

Love and hugs
You're doing great. And I love the idea of the blue pinwheels and the red and white stripes. VEry patriotic. We will want pictures. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by GladGrams
Off to Denmark for a week on Saturday. We catch the hover boat at 8 AM and arrive at 11AM then have a 3 hour drive cross country to the west coast to the summer house we have all rented.

This is our 4th year doing an annual week or 2 on the Atlantic coast in Dk. Going to stock up on lots of good things, food is so much cheaper as are many things...

Tulla's mom tells me she is smiling and excited to see her surprise. Tulla is now 18 yrs old. She was not expected to live past 2 hours then 2 weeks. Every pediatric heart surgeon in the world almost knows her because she is a miracle. Sadly at age 4 she had a lack of O2 during surgery and came out severely handicapped. She cannot speak or use her hands and feet. Communicates with her eyes and smiles, frowns or her tongue out. She is a delightful person and a joy to be with. A very strong willed young lady too.

Tulla's mom was found to have the cancer gene 2 yrs ago and had a double mastectomy and implants done. Dad was badly injured in a car accident last year and is unable to life Tulla now. They have a new handicapped house from the Danish health care in their community.

They NEVER complain or whine and we have wonderful times laughing and playing games and watching movies together. Each time we are with them, we thank God for what we have been blessed with.

Look at your children and grandchildren and smile...
Tulla is truly a blessing to all. She has even blessed us here at the QB by her story through you. That smile says it all (as well as that frown and tongue :wink: ). This family is in my prayers. Let us know about Tulla's reaction to her beautiful quilt. I know she will be delighted. This beautiful person has been sent to all of you and to all of us for a reason. She has been sent to teach us how to love and how to appreciate.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 AM

I think your quilt looks wonderful! I see no mistakes anywhere! BTW I'm new to this site and would really like to know where you got the poem attached to your profile. I love it and would like to use it but I would like a person to attribute it to.