Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Only Photos

lin
    I just now saw this thread and I have to say you do beautiful work Patrice! I love how bright and cheerful they are, but there's some really good workmanship in both of those quilts!! Just loverly. :D

Blog Entries
    i'm wearing my biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig smile.

:P

Gosh Patrice, they are so beautiful, you've really got an eye for color. Well, alright two of them!

It's a shame you didn't get pictures of the rest. I keep hearing that from other quilters as well so figure to do it religiously. Is there any chance of visiting the recipiants of the other quilts and taking the pictures now, or are they spread (yuk yuk) across the nation?

Blog Entries
    all but a few were donated anonymously to Project Linus and other charities. i don't know who has them, but have heard they are appreciated.

MY SON IS COMING HOME TODAY!!! YIPPEE!!! YAHOO!!!!

unrelated, i know, but just had to say so.

:P

Patrice how exciting. Have fun! I know you will! I'm smiling a big smile just imagining how excited you are!

lin
    If I may ask, where is he coming home from and how long has it been since you've seen him? In any case, I'm happy for you! :)

Wow! What a nice burst of color,
    especially on such a rainy day! :)

We want to hear all about the visit. How exciting for you. Tell us all about your son please.

Wonderful and well worth the wait. So bright and shiny. Enjoy your time with your son. You go girl!

Blog Entries
    my bouncing baby boy ... all 6'4" of him ... just wrapped up an enlistment in the air force. he's a bit up in the air about a few things. can't make up his mind whether to focus on getting a for-real-long-term-career type job, or just any old job that'll pay the bills so he can focus instead on completing his degree. we talked about it; obsessed over it (he's my son after all. LOL); weighed all the factors; decided the most sensible thing for him to do is stay here for a while until the "what ifs" reveal some "what is".

this way he can take his time to make the best choice. and i'll have some affordable help - at last - to get all the things done around here that take more muscles than i have. AND i'll have a grown-up human being to talk to once in a while around here. i love my dogs. really i do. but they have no interest in lively conversation about anything beyond which color dog biscuit to choose when they come in from a "stroll" in the yard. LOL

lin
    I'm glad you'll have him around now Patrice. At least for some time. That must feel so good! Happy for ya. :D

Blog Entries
    tickled 3 shades of pink. :P

I just thought of something. When you're done with your handy man in residence, post him on the swap board. Ther is porbably quite a market for someone like him and you might could get top dollar :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet someone would snatch him up in a heartbeat :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    he's a keeper, so selling him is out of the question.

renting is a different thing altogether. :lol:

I've heard of 'rent-a-husband' for all of those "honey-dos" wives have. How's about a 'rent-a-son'?

That's what I had in mind--not sell your only youngun, jsut rent him out and what he brings in could go for more fabric! :lol: :lol: Made sense to me, but I never could get mine to cooperate. At the time, baby boy was too busy a-coutin to worry about honey do's or mommie do's and hubby will do anything I ask him to, but at his own pace which doesn't alwyas match up with the speed I had in mind :lol:

Those are great color choices & I'm thinking they'll become favorite blankets for whom ever received them. Don't forget to take photos so we can see them. Thanks!

Pam

Wonderful colors.

Beautiful quilts. :)

Patrice, I have also forgotten to take pictures of some of my works :cry: , so I have shamelessly :mrgreen: asked the receiver (or parent) to take a picture for my collection. I don't always get them, but whatever I do get helps fill out my album. :-)

I have pictures of most of mine, but they are scattered everywhere. It hasn't been so bad since I got a digital camera, just have to get them off
    the hard drive. I do have prints made of most of them. DH suggested putting them on a CD and I volunteered him to do it. I hate sitting at the computer to do something like this especially when I could be sewing instead. :lol:

Patrice, playing on here tonite found your pics. GREATTTTTTTTT ESTHER

Blog Entries
    thanks very much. :P

love those quilts in your avatar :P :P

WOW, those are soo pretty and real eye stoppers.

I love those colors. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast