Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My quilt >

My quilt

My quilt

Old 02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

This is a really awesome quilt
Old 02-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Beautiful quilt. I was at the Crockett show in November and saw this. Look forward to your work this year. I live in Wells, not far from you.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Beautiful indeed! Stunning work!
Maureen
Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM

Beautiful! I would not have the patience to make anything like that as beautiful as it is.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:56 PM

Thanks so very much to all of you for the kind words about my quilt. I really loved working on it and picking out all the fabrics. Hope to meet some of the QB members at the show in Tyler...how fun would that be!!!! I imagine I will be there on Friday with friends...but of course back on Saturday to get my quilt. If y'all will PM me as to when you think you might be there...I will make a concerted effort to be there to meet up with you.
Someone posted that my quilt looked like the one in QUILTS BY THE BAY in Galveston....thank you so much for the compliment. I just fell in love with that one, but the background was navy and I chose black instead. I shopped every place I could for fabrics for each and every individual blocks of the quilt and followed the colors from the original as best I could. I chose a lot of batiks and marbles and landscapes...my favs!

Thanks again for all of the wonderful compliments...
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Default Quilt info

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
Hi Drue:

Just love the quilt. You are a pro. I went online to Rosemary's website and found the patterns for your quilt. Question: Yours look exactly like hers, so does she supply the fabrics? It also looks like there are many patterns to purchase for this quilt. Would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you, Kitsy
Hi Kitsy...

I have no idea whether or not she has kits and supplies fabrics. There are 9 patterns for the different animals and then the patterns for the borders which are seperate....there are two inner borders, top and bottom and then there are the 4 outer borders...top, bottom and then the two sides. I really don't think she does, I think you just buy the patterns and go for it.

I contacted her about the high price of the shipping...knowing full well she lives in Canada, however she said she could cut the price on the pattern set (if you buy the entire set). You'll have to contact her about this thru the info e-mail. She could only drop it about 4 dollars...I just sent a document to a friend that weighed more for 6.50 plus confimation which was a $1.50 extra by priority mail...but then we don't live in Canada!

If you do purchase the pattern and make the quilt, I'd love to keep up with your progress...please keep in touch.

Hugs, Drue
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 PM

Fabulous!!!!