Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My quilts by Lois >

My quilts by Lois

My quilts by Lois

Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 PM

Right on Henry! I needed quilting in those open spaces so I just sketched in the haystack and the scarecrow. Inbetween the house and barn is a wishing well. I didn't think they would show up. Celeste: I needed to put something in the barn so I got some fabric with horses on it. After the quilts were done and sent I saw some with cows that would have been great too. We have horses but no cows so I guess it was better anyway.
I have the Quilt Design Wizard software. Only $29 or so. That is where I got the blocks and patterns for the quilts. If you want a puter program for designing quilts it is great. You can design the quilt, pick fabrics, and print up the block design instructions in rotory, templete, or foundation. You can also print your quilt design and all the fabric amounts you need for it. Great fun and a great program for the price. I just couldn't go the $100+ for the EQ5 or 6. Too many toys to play with and I'm the last of the big spenders too. :D
Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 PM

Perfect for little boys!! :thumbup:
Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 PM

This is the very first quilt I ever made. Was made for my "single" son for a wedding gift in '93. Mariage only lasted a couple of months so the quilt came home to roost. :D Was ALL hand stitched and tied instead of quilted. I now know how to make a better quilt but it was very pretty when new. Been washed a bunch and put in storage but I just decided it was time to use it. I don't mind the cats sleeping on it but I have another blanket at the bottom of the bed for hubby to lay on while watching TV. He sometimes goes into the bedroom to watch something other then what I do without changing clothes. :evil:

Granny's Garden quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4271[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4271.jpe  
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM

Oh I have to laugh! Kitty can sit on the quilt but not hubby! I have always wanted to make a flower garden quilt. Love yours!

The boys quilts are cute too. Isn't it fun to make your own designs?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 AM

Gandmothers Garden is very pretty, no matter how old or what it has gone through, It is a classic. One of my fav's,
Old 02-14-2008, 06:07 PM

But the cats never go outside so they don't carry in all the barn dirt! :D
It only took me 6 months to make the quilt. Then I read that you can get better yardage for your buck by using purchased sheets. That part is true but unfortunately I got the bargain "brand". I started out the color of the light blue patches. Now it is faded to almost white. Oh well. I didn't know any better at the time. :oops: It isn't really a queen size either but at least I might now use it for myself. If son ever remarries I will have the experience to do a MUCH better job of it. :lol: Here is a picture of a Christmas Pineapple quilt that I have the top finished but probably won't go back to till next fall.

Unfinished Christmas quilt with inspector on the job.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4868[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4868.jpe  
Old 02-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe
If son ever remarries I will have the experience to do a MUCH better job of it. .
Here's hoping he has the same experience to do better, also! Love that holiday quilt, too!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Moonpi! He got married (and divorced ) In '93. Then he lived with another girl and her kids for 5 yrs. That went in '99 when the kids told him they didn't have to listen to him after he helped raise them since babies. Told me that he didn't have to take that and I agreed. He now has his Old English Bulldog "Bumper" and is staying with my younger son and his family in Florida. I think he is content until Miss Right comes around. :D :D He is too busy now anyway with work, EMT, and college, studying to be a Peramedic, to have time for anyone else anyway. I am so proud of him but I wish he lived closer to us in Md. :( Can't tell them where to live but wish we could.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Izy

Hey love your quilts, just a little tip, you can add a facility to windows which enables you to resize your pictures to either small, medium etc. which makes the upload and the download so much quicker, without losing any quality - check out my pictures, all of them have been resized to small. I think you can go onto the windows website and search for image resizer and download it. My son did it for me, so if you don't have any luck get back to me and I will check it out with him for you. Good luck :D
Old 02-15-2008, 06:55 AM

Those quilts are adorable, Lois. They are very creative and from the heart. And I love your flower garden quilt.