Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My quilts :)

haha thanks ladies :) :)

You have some beautiful work there. Looks like you jumped in with both feet, you have a lot to show for your first 18 mos of quilting!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Wow. Those are so bright and fun. I love them.

........................------------------- oh sorry I fainted seeing these beautiful quilts!!!! :shock: I feel even more under accomplished :oops: :oops: well I love all your quilts you can send me one if you get anextra :lol: :lol: what pettern did you use for the christmas one ???

GREAT JOB!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    ........................------------------- oh sorry I fainted seeing these beautiful quilts!!!! :shock: I feel even more under accomplished :oops: :oops: well I love all your quilts you can send me one if you get anextra :lol: :lol: what pettern did you use for the christmas one ???

GREAT JOB!!!!
    The Christmas one was Tumbler Blocks. I love that one... I can't wait for November so I can put out my Christmas things!

Blog Entries
    Great quilts Allison! It looks like you put a Wisconsin winter to good use! I hope you keep with it - but also hope that you find some quilting friends to play with, so those winters are even more fun! Was your Mom surprised to see what you had been quilting for her right before her eyes without her knowing it?

Blog Entries
    Wow! You have certainly accomplished a lot in a short period of time. What a nice variety of patterns and colors in your quilts.
    Mary Ellen
    FL

you are about your quilting business, now aren't you??? lol! :D
    wow, I guess when you make up your mind to do something....
    is this a middle age/empty nest-coping thing? are you an old lady, lol?
    how do you find the time, and the motivation? I'm just all awe and questions, hee hee hee. great quilts! :D

Wow, great quilts! I popped out of my chair when I saw the first one. What a wonderful, bright set of colors, and so beautifully put together.

I didn't realize you could use batiks in a rag quilt. Do they "rag" okay? I thought the weave would be too tight.

Great job on all of them!! A year and a half, huh??? Do you sleep????

Wow, I just love your use of color! That first quilt is a wonderful debut! And that one you sold on Etsy looks so professional.

Ooooohhhhh. So lovely! Great work.

What Talent,only 1year and a half. You fooled me. Looks like you have been doing it for years. Love all of them, you do fantastic work.
    BillsBonBon

Fabulous stuff! Great creativity. Etsy is great, isn't it? Keep it up and post more!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    you are about your quilting business, now aren't you??? lol! :D
    wow, I guess when you make up your mind to do something....
    how do you find the time, and the motivation? I'm just all awe and questions, hee hee hee. great quilts! :D
    lol well when I need something to fill the time :P

Nope I'm not an old lady at all... I'm a youngin' and it's not middle age empty nest it's young age empty nest. DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years now and I just needed something to do with my hands since everything else is out of my control.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Great quilts Allison! It looks like you put a Wisconsin winter to good use! I hope you keep with it - but also hope that you find some quilting friends to play with, so those winters are even more fun! Was your Mom surprised to see what you had been quilting for her right before her eyes without her knowing it?
    haha yes she was very surprised!! She spotted a few words and I had her find the whole verse. She loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Wow, great quilts! I popped out of my chair when I saw the first one. What a wonderful, bright set of colors, and so beautifully put together.

I didn't realize you could use batiks in a rag quilt. Do they "rag" okay? I thought the weave would be too tight.
    GOOD question!!!! After that quilt I made for my sister's birthday my mom decided she liked batiks and I sadly explained to her that I could not make her a batik rag quilt. You have to use a certain type of fabric to rag it right? Well then I thought okay, I'll just have the cotton batik on the top layer and flannel or homespun for the batting and backing.... and then I figured that the textures in that quilt would just be off...

so then I was up in Michigan's Upper Penninsula on our anniversary vacation & I found this quaint little quilt shop in Paradise, MI (Near Tahquamenon Falls) and they had a whole WALL full of bolts and bolts of batik flannel! I couldn't believe it!! Our anniversary is Nov 17 so I didn't have much time to buy the fabrics and make up a quilt before Christmas! But I got all the colors that she would love...

Here's a link to a video of my mom opening the quilt :
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=MOV09585.flv

Blog Entries
    Wow you've accomplished alot in 18 months! And looks so good.

Senior Member raspberryparade09's Avatar
    I've been sewing most of my 55 years, quilting off and on. I'm on a run now. I found an online shop that sells quilt kits. I love them. here are three of my recent quilts. I found them at www.creativequiltkits.com

Beautiful! My favorite is the trip around the world. Great work.

Great work! Can I ask how you mark your quilt to do the maching quilting?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
    Great work! Can I ask how you mark your quilt to do the maching quilting?
    I wing it.

lol I meant for that to be funny... I am not good at staying in the lines so marking things would be very very bad for me

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Wow Allison! You must have been a quilter in a former life! From nought to a pro in 18 months! :D

I am astounded at your output!! May I also add, your sense of colour and design is very good, and also the quilting (and you wing it????). Aah well, this middle-aged, almost empty nester (only 1 left at home) just got a good kick in the pants....new mantra "get quilting and stop "over thinking" ,"over analysing" and procrastinating! Thanks for sharing, it was a real joy looking at your work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast