Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Row for Row Robin - Group 6 >
  • My Row for Row Robin - Group 6

  • My Row for Row Robin - Group 6

    Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
      #61  
    Power Poster
     
    Tweety2911's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: New York
    Posts: 17,564
    Default

    Originally Posted by paintedquilt
    Simply gorgeous :thumbup: Please show it again when its all finished
    Same here. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Tweety2911 is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
      #62  
    Super Member
    Thread Starter
     
    TFquilter's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 1,510
    Default

    Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    Originally Posted by paintedquilt
    Simply gorgeous :thumbup: Please show it again when its all finished
    Same here. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thankyou...will do..:)
    TFquilter is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
      #63  
    Super Member
    Thread Starter
     
    TFquilter's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 1,510
    Default

    Originally Posted by jeandriggers
    These are beautiful. Where could I find the pattern?
    I like Sunbonnet Sue, but these are even more beautiful than Sue. I've never seen these before until I saw yours on here.
    You do great work.
    Thanks a million...the patterns come from a book entitled Bonnet Girls - Patterns from the Past by Helen R. Scott...I love this book...there are many Bonnet girls patterns in this book...awesome..:)
    TFquilter is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
      #64  
    Super Member
     
    Leota's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Oklahoma
    Posts: 4,648
    Default

    That is really cute...
    Now, my question (having never seen how a row robin works) is, the next person adds a row on the top and the third person adds on the bottom of your row...thus making your row the center of the quilt?
    Leota is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
      #65  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Illinois
    Posts: 3,915
    Default

    Very nice, my daughter has one similar that my stepmother made for her and her ladies were all done by hand, talk about a lot of work and time that went into it, i told my daughter if she ruins it i would take it away from her, my daughter is 38 and the quilt was made for her when whe was 4 or five, she throws it around like it was a rug,(hmmmmm i should steal it back).
    craftymatt2 is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 07:39 PM
      #66  
    Junior Member
     
    Qbird's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Pontiac, Illinois
    Posts: 136
    Default

    I was wondering also, how will your bonnet girls row fit in to a quilt? or is this a wall hanging. I have the book and plan to start some blocks but wasn't sure what to do with them when I got them done, don't do wall hangings
    Qbird is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
      #67  
    Super Member
    Thread Starter
     
    TFquilter's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 1,510
    Default

    Originally Posted by Leota
    That is really cute...
    Now, my question (having never seen how a row robin works) is, the next person adds a row on the top and the third person adds on the bottom of your row...thus making your row the center of the quilt?
    The next person will add add a row beneath mine unless I state otherwise...and then we pass to the next person etc..you could do it any way you wanted I guess, as long as the people in your group knew..:)
    TFquilter is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 PM
      #68  
    Super Member
    Thread Starter
     
    TFquilter's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 1,510
    Default

    Originally Posted by craftymatt2
    Very nice, my daughter has one similar that my stepmother made for her and her ladies were all done by hand, talk about a lot of work and time that went into it, i told my daughter if she ruins it i would take it away from her, my daughter is 38 and the quilt was made for her when whe was 4 or five, she throws it around like it was a rug,(hmmmmm i should steal it back).
    Thankyou..OMG...yes u should steal it back..lots and lots of time went into just my row more or less a whole quilt....:)
    TFquilter is offline  
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
      #69  
    Super Member
    Thread Starter
     
    TFquilter's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 1,510
    Default

    Originally Posted by Qbird
    I was wondering also, how will your bonnet girls row fit in to a quilt? or is this a wall hanging. I have the book and plan to start some blocks but wasn't sure what to do with them when I got them done, don't do wall hangings
    Actually this row is for a row robin..it could be a bed quilt...there are other people who are going to add to my row...thus I could add borders/blks etc to the sz of quilt that I want..I have seen bed quilts done in nothing but blks of girls..the blks had sashing in between & sashing between rows, borders etc...mine would lay on top of the bed or in a guest room..not a snuggle up in front of the tv quilt..:)
    TFquilter is offline  
    Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 AM
      #70  
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Central Indiana
    Posts: 234
    Default

    Beautiful!!!
    IndyQuilter is offline  
    Related Topics
    Thread
    Thread Starter
    Forum
    Replies
    Last Post
    Carsey
    Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
    317
    04-04-2012 10:21 AM
    pattis47
    Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
    1010
    03-30-2012 10:40 PM
    Chrys
    Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
    315
    01-24-2012 07:51 PM
    candlequilter
    Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
    88
    12-09-2011 07:43 AM
    JudyG
    Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
    520
    10-24-2011 04:56 AM

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is On
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter