Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My sewing room was used as  dumping ground.. >

My sewing room was used as dumping ground..

My sewing room was used as dumping ground..

Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 AM

Thank you soooo much for being brave enough to take a picture :lol: Now the rest of us know it isn't just us. I thought I was the only one. It feels great knowing there are others. I swear each time this happens I am not going to let it happen again. But alas it happens again and again. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 AM

nothing to do with being brave! i am smart enough to know there are others out there like me! just not ashamed of it, it is part of my life! mess and clean up, mess and clean up! :thumbup: lol!

I tend to put things on a table too..stacked on my sewing table! yikees!
it is all good though! i will clean it up AGAIN and mess it up AGAIN!
we are all in this together.. :XD:
Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 AM

I try to keep mine orderly but when in the throes of creativity I cause chaos. I cleaned up and now I am creating again.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I'm still trying to get around my room w/o jumping from spot to spot! lol
Old 12-29-2010, 06:22 AM

I just cleaned mine up this past weekend. I spent 6 hours tossing stuff, putting stuff where it belonged, finding a "home" for other stuff....it's now clean and ready to go for New Years day.... I cannot wait. It feels so good to have it cleaned up and ready for the new year. I'm sure it won't take me long to get it messy again though ;)
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 AM

It the midst of creativeness you HAVE to have a little chaos. If you spent time cleaning up, that creative flow would stop.

You are one brave brave person to post your before pictures. I applaud you! Can't wait to see the after.

One thing I did when cleaning up my 'area' the last time was to REMOVE EVERYTHING THAT WASN'T SEWING RELATED. Like the off season clothes, dress clothes and other people's belongings. It really helped ME see that MY area wasn't as messy as I thought it was...I could blame it on others! :)

Good luck - check in here daily please
Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 AM

Looks just like my room! Santa sure made a mess and now I need to clean it up. Good project for today!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

I'm sorry but i didn't give you permission to take pics of my sewing room. mine is a mess just like that!!! i'm trying to clean it up bit by bit though. it's gotten the best of me.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 AM

I am so glad that I am not the only one whose sewing room is a mess.My DH decided to get a treadle but one wasn't enough.Now ,we have 4 ,so I had to make room for them in my teeny tiny sewing room. So now I have to figure out where to put the rest of the furniture. All I wanted was a FW for Christmas.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
HeHe that is what happens at my house too. But my husband has a habit of putting things ON TOP OF MY TABLE that i cut, and sew on. Why he cant put stuff in a box or on the shelves beats me. So then when I am in the mood to sew, I CAN'T. because its piled high with stuff. But he knows I will deal with it because I am addicted to sewing. LOL. My sewing room is only about 12 feet by 14 feet and has a 60 x 60" table in the middle of it. But one day, I am going to have myself a sewing room the size of Taco Bell with so many shelves that Joann's fabric will be kind enough to donate all their fabrics and quilting tools to me because they will feel sorry for me seeing all those EMPTY shelves. LOL. Well, no one never said I couldn't dream!!!!
LOL, it's your dream and you can make it as big as you want!!! :D