Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Sewing Space >

My Sewing Space

My Sewing Space

Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM

Looks great---- nice and neat looks very well organized
Old 08-15-2008, 04:32 AM

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do enjoy being right out in the middle of everything, and I normally don't sew after DH gets home anyway. The Buffet is part of an antique set we're refinishing; I have another one on the sun porch that I'll use later. I love the storage space, and the height works best for me when I'm cutting.

Marcia, DH read your suggestion about the oven - LOL! He says that space is for his cast iron pans (he collects them) and no exceptions :lol: I should put some of his blue fabric in the oven as a joke - so far he's collected 30 yards and he hasn't decided what he's going to do with it yet :lol:
Old 08-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Banned

I love your space. It looks cozy
Old 08-15-2008, 06:33 AM

I forgot to say how much I like the pocket holder you have hanging on the wall. It is a great idea-you could use one in almost any room and find a lot of use for it--but I especially love it for your sewing space. Is it an original or did you use a pattern?

Okay--the oven is out. Do you have a pantry? Or how about a linen closet? You can fold fabric and put it in there and pass it off as sheets??? Think DH would notice?

I know a woman whose husband was stationed with the military in Korea. Most of our cotton quilting fabrics are made there and she used to go to the market and buy fabric by the yardSSS (it was only $1.75/yard for Moda!!) She filled containers with fabric and shoved them in every nook and cranny in her house. The next thing her husband knew, she had taken the dishes out of the kitchen cabinets and was filling them with fabric too!! :shock: Now that is what I call a stash! :lol:
Old 08-15-2008, 06:53 AM

LOL - we were discussing this in chat last night. I have a dry sink in the bathroom - who needs extra tp & washcloths?? Food in fridge = calories, fabric in fridge = calorie free eye candy! DH may just be surprised one of these days :wink:

The holder is my own concoction - I had a piece of green denim, and just sized the pockets for what I wanted. The 3 along the left side are sized to hold pre-cut stabilizer pieces for different hoop sizes (but they're really catch-alls at this point). I added a pocket for a rotary cutter, one for marking pens, one for the ruler I use to cut my Stabilizers, and the shoe type pockets at the bottom hold rolls of stabilizer I use most. The idea was to keep all that stuff close to where I hoop for embroidery - but it ended up on the opposite side of the room because of the windows & bookshelves :roll: Oh well, it was a good plan.... :lol: