Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe >

Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 PM

OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!
The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
PS. Thanks for all your kind words!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM

BEAUTIFUL Mary Anna!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...
Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 PM

I am celebrating getting all my pieces for the first 4 months finally cut out!!! Tomorrow I start sewing them together!! Yayyyyyy!!!!! I went all out and doubled the size since I found a nice king size sheet set to use for the neutral background and the backing.
I got very clever and cut strips the width of one of the king size flat sheets in the size of each square I needed. Then I just cut off as many squares of each size for that month, and saved the rest of the strip for the next time a month calls for that size square. When a lot of one size square is needed, I cut several strips. This sure made my background piece cutting go a lot faster.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 PM

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...
Ok, I won't tell you they are as difficult......but you'll need a glass of wine after you complete your row....trust me on that one...., it was fun though but it did take longer for me to do April's row than it did to do January's row. but it might just be easy as pie for you!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 04-14-2010, 05:48 PM

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Ok, I won't tell you they are as difficult......but you'll need a glass of wine after you complete your row....trust me on that one...., it was fun though but it did take longer for me to do April's row than it did to do January's row. but it might just be easy as pie for you!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
I can only hope I can get through them without too much wine! lol I did cut them out today and placed one on a mat to see how it looked and it is going to be (it appears) 5" lol says supposed to be 4 1/2" once I sew one I will see what it really measures out to.

Ohhh easy as pie .. pleeezzzeeee :)

Sharon
Old 04-14-2010, 05:59 PM

I've been saving the clues, does that count? You have me all inspired to get started!

Your piecing is very exact.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 AM

Leann,
You are almost there :-)

Sharon and MaryAnna,
Yes, April was longer for me as well..and my blocks only came out to be about 4" - so I had to make an extra one to kind of fill in my row - not sure what happened :-)
Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 AM

Make sure you use a scant 1/4" seam. I actually bought a new foot for my Brother machine which has a guide on the side and, thankfully, it is very precise, so my blocks came out at 4-1/2. The inside block, before adding the background fabric I trimmed to 3-3/3" and then when the background was added, they were 4-1/2. I couldn't believe how well they turned out.