Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe >

Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Ok, here is my June row, I didn't want the blank squares so I just made more bowties, plus, like some others, I'm running low on the background material.
I tried to cover all occasions and moods. Some for formal, some for casual, and all in between. Even a couple for holiday and special occasions. Smiles. This was a fun and easy row as long as I kept my pieces in order, but I still used zelda the seam ripper a few (ahem) times. Hugggs and smilesss everyone!

PS: I'm thinking that a 1 1/2" strip of background between the two center bowties would look better. What do you all think?

first half
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83091[/ATTACH]

second half
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83092[/ATTACH]

how I joined them to change direction
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83093[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83086.jpe   attachment-83087.jpe   attachment-83088.jpe  
Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Ok, here is my June row, I didn't want the blank squares so I just made more bowties, plus, like some others, I'm running low on the background material.
I tried to cover all occasions and moods. Some for formal, some for casual, and all in between. Even a couple for holiday and special occasions. Smiles. This was a fun and easy row as long as I kept my pieces in order, but I still used zelda the seam ripper a few (ahem) times. Hugggs and smilesss everyone!

PS: I'm thinking that a 1 1/2" strip of background between the two center bowties would look better. What do you all think?
Oh neato wildyard! I think alternating each would be neat too! hmmmmm... :) OooOooo I too love the way you did the knots .. neato!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
[

Oh neato wildyard! I think alternating each would be neat too! hmmmmm... :) OooOooo I too love the way you did the knots .. neato!
Thanks, I did play with that idea, but gave me too much bare areas of background IMO. I'm glad you like my row!! I have so much fun doing this. Hugs and smiles.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Such fun! Well I am still on June! lol only got one cut and sewn and it was not as I want it to be so will be starting over! But I do have it figured out! I think I was not seeing the pattern coming together with colors. Best to have just forged ahead and made one and found out without fretting over it! Bowties look easy enough.. I should not say that .. might jinx myself!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Fabulous bow ties Wildyard! I love them and they changes you made! Your fabrics are wonderful! Great job!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
PS. I too have fallen in low with bow ties and plan on making a quilt featuring them in the future!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 AM

TexasGranny...it is true that we are certainly moving along with this one - it is a great project.....

MaryAnna.....glad that we are all having fun....and I think that we are all going a bit outside of our comfort zone on some of the blocks with the tiny pieces, etc. - that's the beauty of a project like this - it get us out of the norm and allows us to try something different...that just may help us in some other projects.....

We will have to see what Claudia comes up with for next year - now you have me thinking already :-)....she does have lots of other patterns on her website for BOM's - check them out - if you have any questions - send Claudia a message - tell her that you are a part of the BOM group on the quilting board.....she's watching the group!!! :-)
Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 AM

Wildyard..
I love your take on June...it's great..LOVE IT!!!

Sharon,
Looking forward to seeing yours...just shout if you need anything!!!! I'm not far away CYBER SPEAKING :-)

MaryAnna,
This was also the first time for me with Bowties and I think that it would be a fun block to do for a whole quilt.....it is fun to try different things here and see where they are going to pop up in the future :-)

Check out this mini-bowtie quilt from QuiltersCache made with 1930 repro's....I am in love all over again :-) Isn't this one beautiful.....she has the picture of a complete quilt on Page 2....

Page 1:
http://quilterscache.com/M/MiniBowTieBlock.html

Page 2: http://quilterscache.com/M/MiniBowTieBlock_Page2.html

Here's another pattern that she has but it's using templates...but it would be easy to change to just regular piecing rather than doing the templates....

http://quilterscache.com/B/BowTieBlock.html
Old 06-11-2010, 03:57 AM

Thanks Bill! I've already printed out the bow tie pattern, I just love it! And it would be a great way to use up those repro fabrics! I've seen some baby quilt patterns using the bow ties as well and intermixing chennile, flannel, and cotton fabrics together. Bow ties are great! I've learned so much from every block we've done! Thanks!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 AM

WONDERFUL!!!! This is a cool quilting trip..speaking of such..I dream of one day going on a quilting cruise - wouldn't that be a blast... :-)
Have a great day - I had better get off to work.....
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM

That is neat. Never heard of site, but I'm going to try it now.