Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Need help with quiting this quilt please... >

Need help with quiting this quilt please...

Need help with quiting this quilt please...

Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by mshollysd View Post
It is such a beautiful quilt. I just want to say, sometimes simpler is better when it comes to the design of the quilt. You really don't want to detract from the beauty of the colors of the quilt, or the eagles. I like the suggestion of quilting some eagles in the background, or other types of animals, but be very careful you don't take away the symmetry of the quilt. I am so sorry that the quilt hasn't talked to you yet. I would not SID though but my suggestion is look under pictures here for "Charisma". She is my idol when it comes to quilting and you may get some ideas from her pictures.
"Charisma" was my first thought also - but with somewhat of a twist. I know she does fantastic quilts, and has a
pricing structure based on the type of quilting that is done, but recently I was wondering if she, or any other fantastic long arm quilter ever does or would provide a design for a quilt to be done by those of us who like to FMQ, but don't have the creativity gene.... thoughts? This would be something that we'd naturally pay for, but I think may be well worth the money.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Beautiful quilt..I agree with a sort of "natural" quilting theme...wind, trees stuff like that.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 AM

I think you can do anything you set your mind too. I go through the pictures of other longarmers and see what kind of designs they put on different quilts to get some inspiration, if the quilt I have isn't talking to me.... I do think that you really don't want to take off of your beautiful work, so I would suggest Googling for quilting designs and find some all over pattern that incorporates eagles, and trees, etc. That of course is my opinion....