Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinion Please

Most of these fabrics were found at the Road to Calif. quilt show and some I had in my stash. Would like your opinion on what I have. I am making a heart Bargello quilt. Do I have enough of a mix? The quilt is for my DDIL and she loves purple. Anything I need to change? Hopefully I got the two correct pics posted. I only changed out the fabric to the far left in pic #2. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1st Group
    Name:  Attachment-168014.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  53.8 KB

2nd Group, I only changed the fabric to the far left
    Name:  Attachment-168015.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  57.2 KB

Beautiful fabrics!! They are some of my favorite colors!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    There are lots of people who can help you (I've never made one) but have to say I love your fabrics! :D:D

That will be gorgeous!

I like the first grouping better, but I have not done a bargello yet. I am sure other can be more helpful. Love your colors!

the person who taught me bargello said to make sure that the very first and very last go together, too, as they are going to be sewed together. I think it is going to be gorgeous, but can you find a transition fabric that is both turquoise and lavender/purple for the very end (after that last turq. on the right? Just my idea... :lol:

Those are beautiful fabrics. I think they would make a wonderful bargello .

The dark one, 4th from the right looks out of place to me.

Quote Originally Posted by luckylindy333
    the person who taught me bargello said to make sure that the very first and very last go together, too, as they are going to be sewed together. I think it is going to be gorgeous, but can you find a transition fabric that is both turquoise and lavender/purple for the very end (after that last turq. on the right? Just my idea... :lol:
    Yes, thank you for the suggestion. There are a couple of fabrics that have both the purple and turquoise I could put on either end. I could actually reverse the turquoise fabrics that will put the lighter values of both purples and turquoise to the center. Was just trying to get the fabrics together. Can play with their placements some more. TYVM.

SLURP! :-P
    can't wait to see this one! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    TY. That is funny cuz I was at my LQS today and they all voted to put that 4th one in. I guess you really don't see the whole fabric. It has all the purples and turquoise colors in it. Was thinking of putting it at the far right as someone had suggested.

The fabric in the center isn't actually all white. There is a light lavender running thru it. It just shows as complete white in the pic.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Candace on that one. I did a purple and pink bargello with white in it (against the advice of the board) and really think the white was too much. The wine wasn't that great either now that I look at it again. I'll post a picture of it so you can judge for yourself.

I should've taken out the white like they said!
    Name:  Attachment-168025.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  35.7 KB

Diane, I think these will make a wonderful bargello (either of them) ... good mix of small and med scale, light to dark value. I like the two colour runs of light to dark - will create nice movement.

Blog Entries
    I love your fabrics but I do think that one dark fabric will throw off the effect.

It's all beautiful! I like the first picture better, the first fabric in the second picture is going to show green in some rows and purple in others. I am not sure if it would blend.

Those fabrics are gorgeous, i'm jealous

They all look just beautiful to me and will make a wonder Bargello. That is a pattern I hope to make one day.

Blog Entries
    They will make a beautiful Bargello.

Blog Entries
    I like the first set of fabrics better than putting that flowered purple in. It doesn't blend in as well, I don't think....IMHO!! :-) Great looking fabrics, and I think that heart will be beautiful!!

I think you have a great mix and the first group would work best. There's too much green in the fabric switched out in pic 2 and it may show up more than you'd like when pieced. Please post pics of the finished quilt!

Thank you, I appreciate all of your opinions. I have definitely removed the fabric on the left in the second pic and put the original fabric back in its place. The one fabric that I was having a hard time with was the light lavender flowers which is the 5th from the left. Not sure if it was looking too pink. any thoughts on that one????

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the fabric 5th from the left, but I can see what you might be concerned about. On my screen it appears to have a more pinky cast and the two on either side are more bluish. I still think it will blend, but I'm no expert.

Blog Entries
    Just my thought, I like fabrics in #1 and the only thing I would change is switch placement with 4 & 5 counting from the right...

I just finished making a heart bargello wall hanging for Valentine Day for my Finance' and he will get it while we are in Hawaii....

Quote Originally Posted by btiny36
    Just my thought, I like fabrics in #1 and the only thing I would change is switch placement with 4 & 5 counting from the right...

I just finished making a heart bargello wall hanging for Valentine Day for my Finance' and he will get it while we are in Hawaii....
    TY good advice. Can you post a pic of your bargello wall hanging? Would love to see it. Lucky you going to Hawaii. We went in December. Such an awesome place for a vacation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast