Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need your opinions on another UFO

Blog Entries

Need your opinions on another UFO

I did the middle of this about 3 years ago in a class on Trip Around the World. Decided I really, really didn't like the colors I had chosen. Let it sulk in a closet until sometime last year and decided to add the white borders and feathers and use it at Christmas. With these colors that is all I could think of. Now I am wondering if I need the feathers on the sides, or do you think just on the ends looks alright. I have been practicing on FMQ feathers, maybe they could go on the plain borders. What is your opinion? Thanks everyone.

Sorry, it really takes me a long time to post pictures now. Oh, and my GGS was telling me what all the colors were. He said he really really like this quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pollyjvan9; 11-15-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Adding comments

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt.... and I love the feathers! They add interest to the sides of this quilt.. Good work!

Blog Entries
    The little guy in the picture is adorable...

Super Member ChildoftheUniverse's Avatar
    I really like the feathers on the side and give a hug to that cutie who seems to know what he likes!
    We are star dust, we are golden!

Power Poster
    It's gorgeous! (so is that little guy!)

I love the feathers. Really looks like alot of work. And the cute little model shows it off perfectly.

I like the idea of FMQ feathers on the plain borders. It would be a nice tie-in to the applique feathers (which are lovely by the way!) I like it. I have to agree though, I did think Christmas when I saw the colors. Not in a bad way, more of a Santa taking a trip around the world way. Pretty quilt!!!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt, make a lovely quilt for christmas with the red and green. Leave the feathers looks great.

I think it's good as is. I like the idea of FMQ feathers in the blank borders, but I wouldn't add more fabric feathers
    Nothing's a mistake. It's a learning experience. Some experiences, you learn more than others.

Very pretty. cute GGS.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I think I'd do them all the way around.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Perfect as is!!!

Blog Entries
    i think either way with the feathers is fine. they already soften the quilt.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Both are really cute.

Blog Entries
    This is a beautiful quilt. I would love the feathers all around it. They really add to the quilt. You quilt inspector is just precious and you should listen when he says he likes it. I can be given to him for his grownup home (smile). Gorgeous quilt. Thank you for sharing.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Oh the feathers on the side really set this off. Beautiful! I think I'd add them on the other sides too, just because they are so very, very nice. That little man is a doll!

Love the applique and I think a bit more of it on the top and bottom with quilted feathers radiating to the corners would look great.

very nice quilt I like the idea of feathers........... maybe someday the quilt will belong to the little guy in the picture.

Perhaps continue the feathers around the corners and down about four sq's on all four corners...audition the feathers and see how it looks. Great job.

That makes a beautiful quilt for christmas,the little guy is so cute.
    Malega K.

I'd choose to combine kwilter and nyleve's advice, then play up the xmass theme... by continuing the applique feathers to swirl around the corners a bit, and in the middle of each side appliquing a sprig of feathers atop of bells, then using the quilted feathers idea with perhaps a varigated red/green thread to fill the spaces surrounding the bells.

I don't think you could go wrong no matter what you decide, your adorable perceptive grandson is right... it's a winner regardless of what you do to finish it Will be waiting to see your final results.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheUniverse View Post
    I really like the feathers on the side and give a hug to that cutie who seems to know what he likes!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

I'm with your GGS (who happens to be gorgeous) - I like the quilt also. I would leave the feathers. It's a great addition to give interest.

beautiful quilt. the feathers certainly add interest and I would add them to the top and bottom too!

Not sure why you didn't like it but I sure do. Its an excellant Christmas quilt. Think it could use some of the applique in top and bottom borders, just my opinion.
    Live and let live!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast