Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New Amish Clothes Lines~loving my husband! >

New Amish Clothes Lines~loving my husband!

New Amish Clothes Lines~loving my husband!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 AM

:lol: you remined me! we lived in Taft, CA (Hot As Hell) 120 in the shade! really! fried eggs on the sidewalk were the front pg news every year! I had a Square clothes line and could start hanging diapers & ete and take them down when I got back around to the other side!!! But the diapers would be so stiff! like a board!! we had to get a dryer so my son could have a soft 'Bumm' 8-) :-)
Old 08-30-2011, 09:09 AM

Hubby just put one up for me last week. I love it. Although I have to keep it hidden due to our home owners association. So we got the re-trackable kind. We have to hide the chickens too..lol
Old 08-30-2011, 09:15 AM

I never see clothes lines anymore.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Very nice and i love the quilt hanging on it.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 AM

The mention of diapers and clothesline reminded me of what my poor mother went though when I was little. I guess my skin was very sensitive so mom would hang the diapers outside after she washed them so the sun could disinfect. I was born in the first part of December so she did this all through the winter. She said she hung them outside, then went out and stacked them up like cardboard because they would freeze. Then she brought them in and hanged them on one of those wood drying racks. I remember that think beside the oil stove. She also had four girls in four years, so she had lots of diapers to wash. I just can not imagine. Young moms now don't have a clue. I used real diapers for my first child and a bit for my second. But I also had a good washer and dryer so it was easy.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:29 AM

Would love to see the whole line filled with quilts!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 AM

I hear clothes lines are making a comeback. Mine never left. Love the smell of sheets that have been air dried. And, yes, I did use cloth diapers and hung them out to dry. They were always nice and white.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:46 AM

I love your clothes line. Mama used to have one and never had a clothes dryer in her life.

I had my brother put me up one several years ago, but my allergies stopped me from drying my clothes outside. But I love to hang out clothes and get them in.

I finally used my old clothes line for a garden trellis. I had the ground tilled up under the clothes line, planted beans, put in stakes and tied strong string from the stakes to the clothes line and the beans grew up the string and all along the 6 lines of clothesline wire. Had a good crop, too.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Katia
The mention of diapers and clothesline reminded me of what my poor mother went though when I was little. I guess my skin was very sensitive so mom would hang the diapers outside after she washed them so the sun could disinfect. I was born in the first part of December so she did this all through the winter. She said she hung them outside, then went out and stacked them up like cardboard because they would freeze. Then she brought them in and hanged them on one of those wood drying racks. I remember that think beside the oil stove. She also had four girls in four years, so she had lots of diapers to wash. I just can not imagine. Young moms now don't have a clue. I used real diapers for my first child and a bit for my second. But I also had a good washer and dryer so it was easy.
One managed. Looking back, I'm not sure how I did, but I did.