Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
new post for Bargello progress (batik fall wall hanging) - DONE-bottom of pg 8 >

new post for Bargello progress (batik fall wall hanging) - DONE-bottom of pg 8

new post for Bargello progress (batik fall wall hanging) - DONE-bottom of pg 8

Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Nice!! OK, I'm convinced quilting is, in fact, giving me OCD. I'm thinking that A Trip Around the World quilts are very similar to the bargello quilts, right? Would the difference only be that the bargello are cut in different widths and laid out a bit differently?

I recall years ago a friend of mine had attempted a Trip Around The World quilt for her first one, and she had to pick out like 20 different fabrics. I don't think she ever finished it, and we've lost touch since.

I'm currently working on a Lover's Knot quilt (with really BRIGHT colors for my 10-year-old daughter), and I'd love to find something totally different for my next project.
Trip Around the World is on my to do list... in a baby size. :lol: ;) Bargellos are more involved in several ways I think--in the ways you mentioned.. but I can't say for sure until I've done both. ;)
Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Just found Clotilde has a great deal on bargello quilt download. Normally $14.95, now only $6.98 & 50 pages (download only).

If anyone else is interested in this type of quilt, here's the link: http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...tiful+Bargello

They have both beginner and advanced projects (7 total).

Figured I'd share in case anyone else was intersted.

Trina

Ok Dh just asked me if I had that book coming too... lol.. I don't yet was my response but I bet I will tomorrow..lol.. Now to get some printer ink...
:thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for the link..
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM

So gorgeous!!!! Great job Karla!!!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Absolutely gorgeous, I wasn't too sure about all the colors, they do look great.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 PM

I love to be able to see the progression. Thanks! I'm not close to being able to do something like that yet but maybe some day I hope.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
kbs

Love these kind of quilts, you are very brave, I should try one someday. Just picking the fabrics is a real job. You are doing very well, looks great.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM

Beautiful ! Awesome quilt ! I am going to have to stop looking at these gorgeous quilts and wanting to make them all. I do want to make a Bargello if it is the last thing I do. You did a great job barnbum, and you have motivated me to give this one a try.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM

Beautiful, awesome, marvelous, majestic! I read the last pages of the post looking for your progress report. Closed the post and notice in the title the finished quilt is on page 8. It is wonderful. Excellent job on the fabric choices. You mentioned you have another one in the works? Didn't I see that in one of your posts? Love your work.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 PM

Barnbum, if this were my quilt, I think I'd add about a 2 1/2" sashing in black or even dark green. Then I'd do a piano key border with colors matching the rows it lines up with but one row down so it kind of looks like the pattern is continuing behind the black sashing. But it sounds like you may not have enough fabrics left.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by indycatcarol
If this were my quilt, I think I'd add about a 2 1/2" sashing in black or even dark green. Then I'd do a piano key border with colors matching the rows it lines up with but one row down so it kind of looks like the pattern is continuing behind the black sashing. But it sounds like you may not have enough fabrics left.
Oh goodness--that'd be adventurous! I think it'd look awesome--and I have enough fabric left... but I'm going to keep it simple. I don't want it to get too big.

Here are the colors I'm thinking for the border--I want it to blend and frame without distracting. Of course the widths would be different....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162699.jpe