Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New sewing room Progress >

New sewing room Progress

New sewing room Progress

Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM

Wow, I missed this post. It must be too exciting, anticipating the finsihed room. Heck, I'm excited for you. I don't know what I'd give up but I'd give up something for a decent sized place of my own, where I can lock the door and drift into my quilting world. What a dream. You are so lucky.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Round two of mud is done and we took out the old floor today. One more round of mud and a final sanding and i can paint. I am keeping the "one square foot a day" thought. Though it is getting tough.
One square foot a day PROVES you were working toward your goal ... don't look at how many days you did it <g> ... that is beside the point! LOL
You were quite a challenge for your mom and dad, weren't you?
You may have to add another project to "one square foot a day" on ... that way, you will be too busy to notice the time. (My mother's solution to everything - - if one job doesn't slow that kid down, just add more jobs! LOL)
Old 05-07-2009, 04:34 PM

ROFL Omak!! Yes, I am WAY ADD and so is my daughter. My poor husband says no one knows what his life is like living with two ADD women and two spastic dogs and now an insane kitten.

My brother and I are both ADD and my mom did have her hands full. no wonder she drank!!!! LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
ROFL Omak!! Yes, I am WAY ADD and so is my daughter. My poor husband says no one knows what his life is like living with two ADD women and two spastic dogs and now an insane kitten.

My brother and I are both ADD and my mom did have her hands full. no wonder she drank!!!! LOL
When I finally figured out how ill-prepared I was when I left home to go out on my own, I wondered why my parents ever let me leave!
And, then I realized it was for their own protection! After all, one can only try to save another from themselves for so long, and then you just have to let that knothead figure things out for herself!
I have forgiven them <g> and, marvel that I was still alive when I left home ... if I had raised me, I would have put me out of my misery! But, my parents were very determined and survival orientated ... Thank GOD!
LOL
Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 AM

HAHA Yeah My daughter was a dream compared to me. And my Husband was worse then I was. I asked him one day what he would do if she brought home a boy just like him and he just shuttered. ROFL!!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Your room looks lovely! Keep posting pictures of your progress! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-09-2009, 06:50 AM

How exciting, you are getting so close. I am just painting a bedroom in my new house to make it my sewing room. Not the great space you have but hope to make the most of it. I only have 2 outlets in the room, so several plug strips and crawling on my knees will be necessary.

Can hardly wait for the finl pictures, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM

The drywall was finished today and we just finished priming!!!! Tomorrow will go on the final color and we will begin the ceiling. I may be moving in next week!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am so excited.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM

yeah!!! so exciting!
Old 05-16-2009, 04:37 PM

OK I didn't get the ceiling done. We could not find anyone with a lazer level to borrow until next week. SOOOOO>>>>> I GOT FLOORING!!!!! The walls are all done and painted two coats and the floor went down today. DH said he is taking tomorrow off. :cry: Oh well I can't push him too hard. Next weekend It may be done!!!!

The walls are really a peachey color.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35118[/ATTACH]

Inspection!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35119[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35118.jpe   attachment-35119.jpe