Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Newbie here. Some one asked to see some more quilts I made. >

Newbie here. Some one asked to see some more quilts I made.

Newbie here. Some one asked to see some more quilts I made.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 AM

Love your quilts. I couldn't pick a favorite they are all beautifal.
Thanks for posting those. :thumbup:
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

I like stars too. As you notice it is full of snakes and critters. It is for my little guy 10. It was fun to find fabrics that will work when he is grown up yet he loves right now too. He asked for a snake quilt and I showed him the FQ.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I like stars too. As you notice it is full of snakes and critters. It is for my little guy 10. It was fun to find fabrics that will work when he is grown up yet he loves right now too. He asked for a snake quilt and I showed him the FQ.
I didn't notice that before. Thanks for pointing that out.
Thats really special. Beautifal. :thumbup:
Old 07-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Love all the quilts but especially the baby girl quilt. Are the clothes actual baby clothes? Is this your original pattern?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:10 PM

WOW!!! I love the quilt with the baby clothes and your other quilts are beautiful also!!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:10 PM

WOW!!! I love the quilt with the baby clothes and your other quilts are beautiful also!!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
Love all the quilts but especially the baby girl quilt. Are the clothes actual baby clothes? Is this your original pattern?
The baby girl clothes quilt is a consignment quilt. People send me a box of their childs outgrown baby clothes, bibs and sometimes soft toys and I put it together in my own way. Often they specify what part or aspect they would ike to see incorperated into the quilt. Each quilt is unique and is made of the clothes the child has used. I strive to put pockets, ruffles on etc. I leave the pockets open so the child can put little treasures in it. I find this type of quilt challenging though but for this quilt and one I made for the brother, the mother send me pictures of the child wrapped in the quilt. Those pictures are priceless. I know the quilts are in good homes and that is what motivates me.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 PM

Too cool, I <3 them all! I imagine it is a strategic nightmare doing the clothes quilts, what with the different fabrics... do you change needles and thread for each fabric section or just quilt with the same over all the fabric types?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KellyK
Too cool, I <3 them all! I imagine it is a strategic nightmare doing the clothes quilts, what with the different fabrics... do you change needles and thread for each fabric section or just quilt with the same over all the fabric types?
It is a night mare and sometimes I wonder what I got into and I just have to step back and put it away. Then another tiem I come back to it and I find a way to do it. There is usual one or two items that just do not work, wrong fabric , too worn, or too thick. I will not add it if I think it will not work. I do thouch base as I go with the people whom I am sewing for. I pretty much piece all with same thread and nedle and then use a top stich needle to quilt. Sometimes I have to hand sew. I use a nuetral color thread for all else I would go crazie and just imagine the cost of thread if you tried to color match. Soemtimes it si very challenging as items are very stretchy or thick. I do the best i can. There is a heavy emphasis on the creative aspect versus having it all look perfect. People prefer to have the item in even if it does not look all the way perfect.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Oh i love the Aussie fabrics one. i have some Aussie prints and want to put them into a quilt soon too. thanks for letting me see yours.