Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NewYear Mystery Quilt 2008

Here's a couple of my blocks.
    Feathers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feathers that is pretty... I really like the colors you chose..

I like your choice of colors! I printed this out but didn't have time to do it Tuesday as I had company all day....hoping to get to it soon!

Thank you, guys: The burgundy doesn't seem to show like I hoped it would. It identically matches the darker color in the pinkish print but in the picture the burgundy looks brown or dark? Oh! Well, I'm hoping when I decide on a block arrangement the burgundy will tie in better????
    Feathers

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How pretty!! That's a square that can be turned different ways? I love it.

I started a block yesturday, but with scrappy fabrics. When I saw the finished quilt, I decided I will have to get some new fabrics and do it in just 3 colors. Oh well, it was good practice & now I have a reason to buy some new fabric :!: :!: :!:

Oh, I love the colors...very pretty! :)

Gail....that is how I wanted to do mine was scrappy.... can't wait to see how it turns out.

Love those colors! I want to try this quilt too. The examples have been so pretty!

That's looking great Feathers, cameras have a way of doing that to you . Mine makes all my teals look like blues. Here is my one, It ended up a bit different cause I didn't want one as big so for the cutting I did 75% of every thing, hoping I would be able to reduce it in some way. Anyway when I saw the drawing of the completed center I realised reducing it by one row wasn't going to work, design wise, so I removed the top and bottom row which left me with quite a few extra 9 patches, so I used them in the boarder and extended the lines of squares into the boarder. Hey, when did I ever do anything the way I'm sposed to lol :lol:

Snowb: You absolutly can do this in scraps :P as long as you stick to your colour families so that you get a clear definition between your lights and coloured pieces. In this I have used purples, teals and cream to fawn lights for my background

Very pretty ladies.

Shelly...and here I thought it was just MY camera that did that! LOL

Your quilt is also very beautiful!!! You guys are making my hands itch!!! I want to start this so bad!!

Feathers, Shelly,
    I love both of your projects. They're looking great.
    I'm about half way finished with my top. It'll be done Sunday, one way or another! At least that's the plan!

ShellyQ:
    Wow, I love your block. I really like the sashing you used between each block with the cornerstone patch. You are sooooooooooo creative. Don't EVER quit thinking "outside the box" as we all learn from your creative mind. Thank you. :-o :D
    Feathers

Thank you,Yvonne.
    Feathers

joy
    Interesting pattern and well done too.....

Here is a pic of just the one block I did. Like I said in my other post, I was going to do scrappy, but the overall pattern won't show :( so am going to try something different. I really like this pattern. :lol: I'll just use this one for something else :!: :roll:

NY's Day Mystery Quilt Block
    Name:  Attachment-2309.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  16.6 KB

oh very nice ladies, i'm still working on mine. Hopefully i'll have it done today. I was having trouble making out her instructions and of course i ran out of one of my colors , but i think i got it figured out. And i hope with the new color added it will look ok . I'll post as soon as i'm done.

Blog Entries
    Both quilts are sooo pretty! I love that block. Such inspiring work ladies!

Hello,
    I have the middle of the quilt all in one piece. Yippee! Got border problems.

I have a question for all of you working on this project. The outside border... The piece that we were to cut at 15 1/2" X 6 1/2"... is that about one inch too long? Am I imagining things? Just though I'd ask before I go rip some seams and whack off a few inches! :? Curiouser and curiouser!!!

Wow! Yvonne:
    I can't answer your question because I'm not that fAR on mine but I LOVE yours. It is gorgeous and the workmanship looks extraordinarily good. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Feathers

Yvonne,
    Neither am I. I have to wait and buy some new fabric :!: Your's is just beautiful. How long did it take you to do that :?: and please don't tell me just the first of the year...LOL :!: I need to speed up, but got a speeding ticket once, so now I take my time ( most of the time ) :!: :!: :!: :roll:

joy
    that really is a lovely pattern, but I have two quilts to make before I even think about it too much..... will catch up one day !!!

Snowb, Feathers,
    Your just not helping me at all here.
    Thanks for the sweet words. That was a lot of fabric to chop up and sew back together, wasn't it?

I worked all day New Years. That about killed me off! I don't do 8 hour days any more! I'm retired for heaven sakes! Took Jan. 2, off to go shopping. I've worked on it off and on the last few days. More off than on, really. Yesterday I was a slug all day and did nothing. Something about lack of sleep due to critters on our roof at night finally got to me! I'm just happy to have that middle done.
    I'll tackle those borders again tomorrow when I'm fresh! Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by joy
    that really is a lovely pattern, but I have two quilts to make before I even think about it too much..... will catch up one day !!!
    Joy, there is no catching up, trust me! You just get more and more projects lined up! My list grew from last January to this by about 6 projects and I finished 7 or 8. Uh-huh. Further and further behind! It's just the life of a quilter! :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast