Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
NewYear Mystery Quilt 2008 >

NewYear Mystery Quilt 2008

NewYear Mystery Quilt 2008

Old 01-08-2008, 04:54 PM

Wow! Yvonne:
I can't answer your question because I'm not that fAR on mine but I LOVE yours. It is gorgeous and the workmanship looks extraordinarily good. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Feathers
Old 01-08-2008, 05:12 PM

Yvonne,
Neither am I. I have to wait and buy some new fabric :!: Your's is just beautiful. How long did it take you to do that :?: and please don't tell me just the first of the year...LOL :!: I need to speed up, but got a speeding ticket once, so now I take my time ( most of the time ) :!: :!: :!: :roll:
Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
joy

that really is a lovely pattern, but I have two quilts to make before I even think about it too much..... will catch up one day !!!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM

Snowb, Feathers,
Your just not helping me at all here.
Thanks for the sweet words. That was a lot of fabric to chop up and sew back together, wasn't it?

I worked all day New Years. That about killed me off! I don't do 8 hour days any more! I'm retired for heaven sakes! Took Jan. 2, off to go shopping. I've worked on it off and on the last few days. More off than on, really. Yesterday I was a slug all day and did nothing. Something about lack of sleep due to critters on our roof at night finally got to me! I'm just happy to have that middle done.
I'll tackle those borders again tomorrow when I'm fresh! Whew!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by joy
that really is a lovely pattern, but I have two quilts to make before I even think about it too much..... will catch up one day !!!
Joy, there is no catching up, trust me! You just get more and more projects lined up! My list grew from last January to this by about 6 projects and I finished 7 or 8. Uh-huh. Further and further behind! It's just the life of a quilter! :lol:
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM

Yvonne, your quilt looks stunning :P , the red and blues give it really crisp clean lines. I didn't do my boarder as per their instructions, so I din't notice, but I think you are correct. That piece is ment to go against 2 semi nine patches plus 1 sashing. I make that 6+6+2+0.5(seam allowance)= 14.5. I bet they forgot to take out the seam allowance for the 9 patches as theses are all ready sewn tog. Good on you, you're sharp, picking that up :thumbup: . I know how you feel, it was a real marathon wasn't it :shock: , did feel good tho, getting something done in such a short period of time :D

Feathers:Thanks so much :P , I didn't change anything about the inside of the quilt tho, just the outside border, I think it looks a bit different cause I've done it in allsorts lol :lol:

SnowB: Your block looks lovely :thumbup: , I think it just depends what look you're going for as to whether it would work or not, but you gotta go with what your instinct tells you, I'm sure it will be stunning when you're done :D
Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
Shelly...and here I thought it was just MY camera that did that! LOL
Thanks Country Quilter, Yeah I don't know what it is but my camera seems to take better pics in artificial light. This pic is actually a very poor shot, the colours are all faded out and the quilt doesn't have that shading across the top in it. I think that's where the quilt was shaded from sun light. Maybe it's not the camera, maybe it's the operator lol :lol:
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM

Love those colors Yvonne! WOW! I may abandon my red and white quilt and copy yours! :mrgreen:
Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
...but I think you are correct. That piece is ment to go against 2 semi nine patches plus 1 sashing. I make that 6+6+2+0.5(seam allowance)= 14.5. I bet they forgot to take out the seam allowance for the 9 patches as theses are all ready sewn tog. Good on you, you're sharp, picking that up :thumbup: . I know how you feel, it was a real marathon wasn't it :shock: , did feel good tho, getting something done in such a short period of time :D
Shelly, Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad I'm not losing my mind. Marcella and I talked last night and pretty much came to the same conclusion you have, namely they doubled the seams in their figures also. i haven't tackled the border yet today. Things just keep getting in the way of my stitching! Soon though. It's gotta be soon!

Chele, Don't abandon your red and white. I want to see it. But if you want go ahead and copy and make another!
:wink:
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM

SO, I cut the 15 1/2" X 6 1/2" down to 14 1/2"X6 1/2" and it worked a charm! So, now, here it is in all it's finished top glory! All it needs now is some batting, backing and ... For now it's in the "to finish someday" quilt top box! Perhaps later this winter.

Onward and upward!

P.S. I had to go outside to take the picture so I laid a full size top sheet down first. That'll give you an idea as to the size of the quilt top. Not much top sheet showing under it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51085.jpe