Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
October Sky finally done. >

October Sky finally done.

October Sky finally done.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:46 AM
CRO

Thank you all for the compliments but more so for everything I have learned here which gave me the courage to make this quilt.
Before finding this site I had made 2 quilts and wasn't very happy with them. Here reading everything I could I learned about pressing, starching, nesting seams, fusible web, and most important scant 1/4 inch seams. I love this site and thank you all again for everything you have taught me here.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 AM

Gorgeous quilt. Love your fabric choices and your workmanship is wonderful. The quilting is perfect too, enough to enhance the project but not overpower it. Would you be kind enough to share information about the pattern you used please?
Old 04-26-2015, 09:04 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by CRO View Post
Thank you all for the compliments but more so for everything I have learned here which gave me the courage to make this quilt.
Before finding this site I had made 2 quilts and wasn't very happy with them. Here reading everything I could I learned about pressing, starching, nesting seams, fusible web, and most important scant 1/4 inch seams. I love this site and thank you all again for everything you have taught me here.
You are amazing. I've made many more than 3 and there is no way I'm good enough to make a quilt like this. What an accomplishment! Beautiful!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:08 AM
CRO

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
You are amazing. I've made many more than 3 and there is no way I'm good enough to make a quilt like this. What an accomplishment! Beautiful!!!
Sorry I wasn't clear I had made 2 log cabins before finding this site. I have made half a dozen others as I learned from this board and then tackled this one.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:11 AM
CRO

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Gorgeous quilt. Love your fabric choices and your workmanship is wonderful. The quilting is perfect too, enough to enhance the project but not overpower it. Would you be kind enough to share information about the pattern you used please?
The pattern is October Sky by Cathy Wierzbicki.
I somehow bought 2 so have a new one.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:12 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Sorry I wasn't clear I had made 2 log cabins before finding this site. I have made half a dozen others as I learned from this board and then tackled this one.
I've still made a lot more than you and wouldn't even try yours. Are you going to enter it into a show? Bet you would get a ribbon for sure!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:22 AM
CRO

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
I've still made a lot more than you and wouldn't even try yours. Are you going to enter it into a show? Bet you would get a ribbon for sure!
I am too intimidated at this point to enter anything in a competition. LOL
Old 04-26-2015, 09:30 AM

I am too intimidated at this point to enter anything in a competition. LOL
Oh, you are ready! :-)
Old 04-26-2015, 10:58 AM

CRO, if you're willing to sell one (pattern), I would be interested. Just pm me. Thanks
Old 04-26-2015, 11:55 AM
CRO

More than willing to part with one. Sent you a PM.