Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Oh ya....100 pillowcases in a weekend >

Oh ya....100 pillowcases in a weekend

Oh ya....100 pillowcases in a weekend

Old 11-30-2010, 08:34 AM

Super and so productive. If you have pillowcases left over after your craft fair consider donating to million pillowcase challenge, www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases. They provide you with a list of charities in your area that could benefit from your hard work. The gift of giving to your community.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
We did it. My mom and I made 100 pillowcases, with some help of my 14 yr old daughter. We make a great team!!! Oh...I didn't mention that that's all we did almost all weekend(I'm counting Friday in with it too). We didn't cook, clean, we ordered pizzas, and assembly line put these babies together.
WTG, and I like the no cleaning and no cooking, too!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 AM

LOL, who's napping on the couch?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by New Kris
Super and so productive. If you have pillowcases left over after your craft fair consider donating to million pillowcase challenge, www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases. They provide you with a list of charities in your area that could benefit from your hard work. The gift of giving to your community.
Eight of mine are going to a local family who has fostered a bunch of kids the last 30 years. Sad to say, the momma died in early September. Each of the 7 kids still at home and Daddy are getting flannel pillowcases for St. Nick's day.

BTW, pray for them. Momma of little one who gave her up to foster care at age two days, now wants her back at age 7
Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
Originally Posted by irishd
They are beautiful. Will you post the pattern? Thanks Dottie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYWCma9wgM
Here is the video I watched to make these pillowcases. They really are very easy. My first pillowcase took a while but after I did four of them, It was really easy to do.
I don't use a separate end of fabric, I just do a contrast strip. After a while I developed my rythem and some short cuts and reduced my time from about 45 minutes to about 15--------sew, iron, fold, sew, iron, fold..........

But my back hurts after a couple hours
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by New Kris
Eight of mine are going to a local family who has fostered a bunch of kids the last 30 years. Sad to say, the momma died in early September. Each of the 7 kids still at home and Daddy are getting flannel pillowcases for St. Nick's day.

BTW, pray for them. Momma of little one who gave her up to foster care at age two days, now wants her back at age 7
Oh, my goodness! I surely will be praying for the little girl, and the whole family - - and, the irresponsible mother. I HATE stories like this.
In different times that absentee mother could be a big help to that family and start helping out around the house where her daughter has been sheltered and protected for all these years ... <sigh>
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM

My, my, my, you Ladies were busy.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM

I take my HAT OFF to you all. That is incredible. Having you both working as a team for encouragement definitely helped i am sure. I cannot believe you had so much variety of stunning materials to use as well. That part is still mind blowing.... :lol:
Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 AM

Holy cow!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM

That is amazing. Now, where do you send them?