Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Old Kenmore  -- New Life >

Old Kenmore -- New Life

Old Kenmore -- New Life

Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 PM

The Secret is................................................ ........

There is a spot that is really hard to get to. . I could not reach the bottom of the belt… that attaches to the handwheel . I really couldn’t see it….. until my dealer told me to look past another belt….. Ahhhhh .. I saw it… No way to get to it, so I took a straw and put is near/ on where the belt attached…. Dropped a little oil down the straw…. Waited a bit and ………. We are squeak free and runs like a top….. What a difference.. The dealer said that these old Kenmores are always “dry as a stone so oil the crap out of it”. So I did…. LOL :oops: :oops:
Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2sew4fun
A teacher from my school decided she needed a new sewing machine and threw away her old one! Her friend went “garbage picking” and took it out of the trash and gave to me. I opened the machine….. Oiled it, but it “squealed” like crazy. Called my dealer and he told about a “secret spot” to oil……. And Now……… it runs like a jewel! Granted it is old, but it sews great!!! I cleaned it up and I am going to give it to one of the para’s at school who makes all the costumes for our dances and plays………… I am so excited.
this is the machine i have been using for 12 years i love it . it is a work horse. where is that oil place. ty Tommye
Old 09-24-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
Lots of people on here have and use machines a lot older than this machine and they all say like they love them.
It would be very nice of you to share the secret place to oil qith the ones that have a machine like it. I don't, I have 2 identical machine about 4 & 5 years old, a quilters star, a white jeans machine and an old Singer we bought in 1962 or 1963.
I have a Singer 201 made in early 1900's .......... What a great machine! Two Kenmores that are about 20 to 25 years old...... A Pfaff 2140 and a Pfaff creative 2.0.. Love my newer machines, but boy the Singer can sew through ANYTHING without a hiccup! Why do we need so many machines????
Attached Thumbnails attachment-114418.jpe  
Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ladyredhawk
Originally Posted by Luv2sew4fun
A teacher from my school decided she needed a new sewing machine and threw away her old one! Her friend went “garbage picking” and took it out of the trash and gave to me. I opened the machine….. Oiled it, but it “squealed” like crazy. Called my dealer and he told about a “secret spot” to oil……. And Now……… it runs like a jewel! Granted it is old, but it sews great!!! I cleaned it up and I am going to give it to one of the para’s at school who makes all the costumes for our dances and plays………… I am so excited.
this is the machine i have been using for 12 years i love it . it is a work horse. where is that oil place. ty Tommye

Had the top and bottom of the machine open and couldn't reach it.... There is a spot that is really hard to get to. . I could not reach the bottom of the belt… that attaches to the handwheel . See above explanation.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Oh that's great!!! I'm still shocked that she threw it away :(
So glad you rescued it!!!
Have fun!! :D
Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 PM

Why do people throw out perfectly good sewing machines, or anything
else in good working order? What a terrible waste.

So glad you were able to rescue this beautiful machine.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:21 PM

I am so happy that you got this machine! A little Oil is cheap, so I hope you & her make many beautiful things together for years to come.