Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The One That Got Away >

The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away

Old 06-08-2019, 06:42 PM

Yes!! It is actually three fabrics and not really in my favourite colour family, except that they are strong and bright. I love and am drawn to 'winter' colours--deep rich jewel tones. But these three are all autumn. One piece has leaves in russet, gold, deep green, red... The second is that deep green with shots of gold and the third is that russet again with shots of gold. OMG those three together just melt my heart. I have so little left of any of them and I have no idea where I got them. How could it be that I can't remember finding such beauty??
Old 06-08-2019, 07:24 PM

We have a fabric in our stash that we've never cut because it has to go into the perfect project. I posted about it here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/person...e-t234014.html

I also have a "one that got away" fabric that I still kick myself over. We were at a Hancock Fabrics and found a long flat fold of fabric that appeared to be this print by Kerry Beary: https://www.google.com/search?q=kerr...QhlSISZRi6v9M: . I am drawn to the mid-century mod look, but the pattern was so large I couldn't think of a way to use the fabric to advantage, so I left it in the store. I think it was $1 or $2 per yard back around 2009. I would love to have it now to back a quilt I have in process, but I have never seen the fabric since at any price. Lesson learned.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:29 PM

I have some special fabrics that I use with intention. Others I appreciate but understand that I need to use up my fabric and move on.

Regarding special fabric, I have a quilt that is just for me in hiatus and I am thinking of making a design of my Papillion and put it on a teal background maybe with some pink flowers. I know it will be expensive but maybe worth it. IDK, will have to think about. What gave me the idea was I was in a knitting store that had wallpaper with papillons on a blue background with pink flowers. I loved it. Maybe I will make it with the faces of both my now dog and my much missed previous dog, maybe i am getting carried away.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:30 PM

This would be for backing of the quilt. Again not sure Ill want to incur the cost to do this.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Very pretty fabric. I think I like all the fabric I see. LOL. I especially like civil war and repo 30's fabrics.
You and I could get into trouble together for sure. Civil War and ‘30’s are my favorites too!
Old 06-09-2019, 06:25 AM

I love all my fabric, I can't bring myself to cut most of it. My goal is to use it up and not buy anymore until I really need something.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:23 AM

Congrats on finding an old love.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:40 AM

Love all the fabric stories woven in the threads called our stash!
Old 06-09-2019, 09:46 PM

I have a favorite fabric that I would buy again if I could find it at a reasonable price. It's the Heather Ross fabric of goldfish in plastic bags. I have hoarded some of it, but I actually used some in a quilt I made for my brother. It just makes me smile every time I see it.

Leslie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]613708[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails chair-quilt-block-3.jpg  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:17 PM

LOL I was only talking about this very same problem yesterday with a fellow quilter. How we cannot bring ourselves to use certain fabrics in case we run out so they are brought out only to be looked at, admired, folded and put back for one day.....maybe.