Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One woman quilt show >

One woman quilt show

One woman quilt show

Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Karla, That was a wonderful thing you did! I know that for those people it was the highlight of their day and for many, evoked memories of their younger years and loved ones that slept under such quilts. Kudos to you for taking time to bring the looks of joy to these sweet folks.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Karla - I'm not sure who was blessed more - you, the residents, or us. Thanks for taking us along and hugs to you.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

What a great show Karla! The residents surely loved it, you loved it, and we love it! That's a win-win-win!...and your daughter, Rachael helped, so even more awesome. She's a great gal, like her mom!
I loved that the residents showed some of their own quilts, and the way they were admiring the fabrics and stitching is too much. Just what we hope for, somebody that really appreciates all the amenities.
I love your barn quilt. I don't think I have seen that one before.
woo hoo, I could just go on. What a lovely gift for them and a special way to honor your grandmother. All of your pictures and sharings, just do us so much good, warms the cockles of my little heart :wink:
Old 08-16-2009, 04:33 AM

Here it is quiltincrazy... the forum ladies helped me with ideas for this one and encouraged me every step of the way.

Watching it grow

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/3820.page

Quilted

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/5712.page
Old 08-16-2009, 05:29 AM

What an awesome quilt! I showed it to my husband and told him that you are a horse lover and those were your horses in the barn doors. He said cool! Then thinking about quilters creating quilts that reflect what they love he said, maybe you could make me a radio quilt? He is an electronics person and has a moderate collection of old radios...from the little brightly colored hand held transistors to the old wooden cathedral style. Now that almost sounds like a challenge. As a rather new quilter, I could use some suggestions about how one might go about that. Any ideas out there?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Karla - I love you for doing this! Those folks need our love and support, and I'm so happy there are people like YOU that do sweet things, just because you want to. I want to get my daughter volunteering and she asked about a children's hospital. I told her perhaps an elder care facility and she was somewhat interested, so we'll see. I don't have a collection like you do, and no horses. I could tell them horrific lawyer stories (we lawyers have the best stories, no contest!! You can't make up the sh.t that goes on in our cases!!) - however, not exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

I love seeing all those sweet faces, aged with wisdom and grace. I hope you made them as happy as it appears to have made you.

Good on ya for the purchases. I have an idea how you can spend the money...!!!! 8) 8)
Just a thought: have you ever considered reading to them? Even children's books have wonderful stories that would delight residents in the facility. Off the top of my head I am thinking of one of my all-time favorites, ALEXANDER'S TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO-GOOD, VERY BAD DAY (don't know if I have the title exactly correct :oops: ). That book would be one that they could relate to as well as find humor in it.

BTW, this is a wonderful thread. And the pictures are awesome.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Great show! I really love that flower applique' quilt. You were right that we would love to see it.
Thanks for sharing. Thanks to the folks in the pictures too.

judee
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 AM

Oh, what a wonderful show! I love the looks on the faces as they examine your quilts! What a gift you are to all the people around you! How blessed you are to have each other! :lol:
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 AM

wow....what a show........congrats! :roll: