Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Orca bay mystery picture thread

Emma, thanks for the kind comments.
    Maybe I have just looked at it for too long now, because I don't like what I see, lol.

Havplenty, thanks for the vote of confidence, I am thinking I will be adding one or two more columns and rows, help me God,lol. Actually, because I make my QST the speedy way, I still have a few left, and have extra squares already cut, so the Ohio stars part shouldn't be a problems, can't say the same for the rest, lol.

Jan, very pretty, I love the yellow.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    You have all done a wonderful job!!! Beautiful quilts!!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Jan love your dark inner boarder! (Not to mention the quilt itself.)

Thank you all so much! Other than a nine patch baby blanket, this is the only quilt I have made. I don't mind saying that I was in over my head but am thrilled to have finished it. I learned so much. I don't know if I will do another Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltin the future lol!

I just realized while looking at this picture, I sewed the bottom row of yellow on upside down! Ugh, guess I am not finished after all!

Beautiful quilts ladies.Love that you have made your own colour choices and even tweaked the pattern a little.

Isn't it amazing what stays hidden until we take a picture? I didn't see it either. Unsewing is never as bad as you think, good thing to do while watching TV. Can't believe this is your second quilt. I have been quilting for a number of years but still learned a lot from this one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    Thank you all so much! Other than a nine patch baby blanket, this is the only quilt I have made. I don't mind saying that I was in over my head but am thrilled to have finished it. I learned so much. I don't know if I will do another Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltin the future lol!
    wow only your second quilt. this shows that one can tackle anything if taken in small bites and not get overwhelmed. i'm even more impressed.

Finally, finished my Black Ohio Stars

At last, 28 black Ohio Stars. I decided to use the same fabric for the center block hoping it will give some eye relief to the finished quilt. I will be doing the same for the neutral Ohio Stars. Now on to the neutrals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sweet Caroline

Can't wait to see the results, love the colors, thanks for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Caroline: I did the same thing with the center of the star. Like you I thought it would calm it down. What is your other color going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Caroline: I did the same thing with the center of the star. Like you I thought it would calm it down. What is your other color going to be?

I was thinking about using the same fabric for the neutral blocks, I have made one but I think I will make one with a blue fabric and see which I like best.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Wow Candy & Jan - these are both beautiful quilts - your colors are fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
    Wow Candy & Jan - these are both beautiful quilts - your colors are fantastic!
    I agree! Very pretty quilts!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Loved watching each quilt come together! They are all beautiful!
    Carol

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    Tada!!!! The center of my Orca Bay is finished Or is it? I need to make the quilt bigger...like 30'' wider and 20'' longer and I have been playing around my EQ trying to find a pleasing border combination and nothing is jumping out at me. So I am thinking, even though I don't really want to,lol, I am going to make more blocks..unless I can think of a border idea. Right now though I am tired of this quilt and no even sure I like it, so I am going to keep thinking on it while I work on a different project.

Attachment 307052

Very pretty, I like the colors. Maybe try a narrow white border and then a wider soft green border to make it bigger and give the eyes a place to rest.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have enjoyed this experience so much largely due to the support and interaction here from all of you. Now going to go rip out that bottom row of yellow so I can re-sew it the right direction!

I must say ladies, you all worked so hard on this project and they all turned out great. I however am still working on roll roll cotton bowl.. If I would work on it a little more it might be done.

Quote Originally Posted by allets View Post
    Very pretty, I like the colors. Maybe try a narrow white border and then a wider soft green border to make it bigger and give the eyes a place to rest.
    Allets, thanks for the nice words..unfortunately, I still need a lot bigger than any proportionaly pleasing border can do, so I started cutting more strings, more wings and more squares to piece more QSTs, HSTs and flying geese wish me luck.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I must say ladies, you all worked so hard on this project and they all turned out great. I however am still working on roll roll cotton bowl.. If I would work on it a little more it might be done.
    I guess that is it with Bonnie's quilts: one bite at a time lol ,wish I knew that before I started as I have another one bite at a time applique project going, lol, I am loosing the few marbles I had left all in good fun though, I only wish work would stop getting in the way
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Blog Entries
    Ya'll have done AWESOME!!!! I just love all the color combinations.

Mine is kind of on hold. More medical and home issues to deal with, quilting just isn't on the list of priorities right now. But I'm loving looking at all ya'lls pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    I I only wish work would stop getting in the way
    Oh Candi, so do I!

I haven't forgotten my Orca Bay. Just trying to do to many things right now. But I put so much into ALL THOSE SCRAPPY SQUARES I promise I'll finish. You are all so inspiring!!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

I have finished my top- but it doesn't look finished to me. I think it needs a solid border, either gold or red. I am going to a class on Friday taught by Bonnie and am so glad I got this done to show her in person! Will post pics after the class.
    My DH is holding the top folded in half as I don't have room to lay it out. I only did seven by seven rows instead of the eight that Bonnie showed. My colors are red, gold and green. They don't show true in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow vbourck that is so pretty. How exciting to be able to show Bonnie. Can't wait to see those pictures too. I'm making a promise to work on mine alittle everyday like I did when it started. Christmas just threw me off wack.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast