Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Our New Fur Baby........ >

Our New Fur Baby........

Our New Fur Baby........

Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM

Awwwww, how sweet. I am glad she found a home before the break-out. I hope you find your german shepherd too!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Dee

I had an Aussie and Lab and sweetest pup I ever had-except my Kokoa now. Beautiful puppy. Congrats!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Our daughter lost her German Shepard a couple of weeks ago so my wife goes to the pound to see if they found him. Well she found something alright..........

Her name is "Baby" and she is a Lab/Australian Shepard mix and is 2 months old. The pound had an outbreak of Distemper and they ended up euthanizing the entire population. She left 3 days before it all went down. But after a good once over by our vet he gave her a good bill of health and she is good to go!

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner" :-D

Billy
No, no one puts baby in a corner, but your wife was sent to save a life. Wifey gets my vote for queen for a day!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Lucky Baby! So cute, enojoy her.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Welcome Baby, lovely and sweet...tie your heart strings all in a knot! She'll be helping you quilt really soon.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Well this is kinda crappy but it comes with the territory I suppose......

My littlest Pom "Star" had started developing a cough and last night it was pretty bad with her breathing. It was a raspy sound and she had a deep chest type of cough. When it first started I thought it was the pollen count (it is through the roof here) but I told my wife I was running her to our vet to get her some relief.

Come to find out Baby had given her a respiratory infection and she had to get antibiotic and steroid shots and since it was almost that time of the year I went ahead and got her boosters while I was there. She is doing a lot better but I still have to give her liquid antibiotics until they run out.

Now for the kicker......Dixie (my Irish Setter mix) started coughing tonite. :roll: I hope she doesnt get any worse or have problems breathing until Monday morning so I can run her to the vet. I am having her be as calm as she can be, just letting her rest next to me and loving on her a lot. It would be nice if the vet was in tomorrow to nip it in the bud. That is why I am taking my other Pom with me when I go. ;-)

Billy
Billy, I’m glad Star is getting better. I will say a prayer for Dixie. We’ve had multiple pets (dogs & cats but no cats now) for many years. There have been several times where one pet will get a symptom and a day or so later another one has gotten the same symptoms and the diagnoses have been different. Lovin’ on Dixie will definitely help her!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 PM

She was meant to be with you...
That's an interesting mix ... she should be fun, fast and foxy!
;)
Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 AM

Come to find out Baby had given her a respiratory infection and she had to get antibiotic and steroid shots and since it was almost that time of the year I went ahead and got her boosters while I was there. She is doing a lot better but I still have to give her liquid antibiotics until they run out.
Billy
Oh, no. Kennel Cough. Get the other dogs to the vet right away. This is more than spring cleaning. Self imposed quarantine, lot's of disinfectants and a busy washing machine. I'm certain that little precious Baby will be worth it in the long term. Y'all take care, and do report it to the shelter. They've got it bad enough with the distemper, but they need to know about the Kennel Cough too.

:idea: Perhaps your wife would like to go another step and get scouts, Y or 4-H involved by getting collections of old bedding and towels to replace the ones the shelter has had to burn. This has got to be hard on them too. A couple of phone calls, and let the kids take over.

Good luck with with the critters.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Awww what a sweetie :D:D:D
Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

So cute